• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cabot/Mortimer letter threatening court action/Ccna arrived

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The court will almost certainly set aside the judgment without issue, however usually this means that everything 'starts over' and you will defend the case as if the first judgment had not happened.
    I would be surprised if the court awarded anything other than the fee for applying for the set aside, the £19 p/h litigant in person costs will be less likely to be awarded, but if the case moves forward then keep a track of all time spent by you defending the case.
    "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Celestine Hi Celestine,

thanks for your response as always.

the fee meaning the £275 cost I paid to the court to initiate this case? That’s what I was referring to, stupid question but is this automatically granted or will this have to be something I raise discuss on the day?

I wasn’t aware of the £19 hourly litigant in person costs, does this refer to time spent in the court throughout the duration of the case, or include the time I’ve spent preparing evidence etc outside of the court?

in regards to this effectively starting over, my next steps if successsfully set aside is to deal with MC directly to arrange payment so this shouldn’t cause me any issues.

thanks

Comment

Celestine Hi

went to my hearing today which didn’t last long at all, the other party didn’t turn up and the judge agreed to remove this given the latest communication from the claimant.

the judge mentioned that the claimant agreed to set aside (which I was aware of) but also, said they had issued notice of discontinuance of that claim.

she also awarded them to repay me the costs of my court application £275 given the circumstances they pursued this.

I am confused as to what happens now, the part I understand is that the record will be removed from the register.
        Would you suggest I reach out to the claimant and make arrangements to repay this amount now? The judge said she cannot comment on what happens now, as to whether they raise another claim or not but it will cost them and she isn’t sure they will pursue it.

I guess in that situation I’d like to lean on your opinion, reach out to them now to make arrangements, or wait until o hear from them to arrange this?

thanks!

Comment

they have discontinued they feel no case, so sit back get your fee and relax end of. for now and probably forever well done.

Comment

That is excellent news. The fact they have discontinued means they have fully abandoned the claim against you rather than just accept the set aside. The record of the CCJ will be removed from the register, usually within 4-6 weeks. Definitely do NOT reach out to them and offer any payment, their reckless litigation has cost them dearly and the ball is now in their court.
            "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

I must say I’m delighted with these responses as I didn’t think this could’ve been an outcome. I was under the impression I would be able to get it set aside and it would revert back to the claim stage where I get the chance to present my responses before it goes to the courts.

thank you all so much for the help on this I couldn’t have done it without this support!

i will keep an eye on the CCJ on my file and monitor it dropping off.

given these circumstances do you think it’s possible to have e their default removed too? Or too much to ask as this is still something the court seems would be fair for them to issue?

thanks

Comment

Celestine Realised I didn’t tag you

Comment

If default fa t it stays

Comment

Celestine hi again, hope you’re well!

I have a quick question, the court ordered Cabot refund me the £275 cost I paid to initiate the set aside process and in the letter I received from the court they said they must pay this by 5th October 2022.

I received an email from MC two weeks ago asking for my bank details and replied immediately but have still not received payment. I did send a chaser on the 5th reminding them but no reply.

what do I need to do now? Just wait until they’ve paid it? Or is there a more formal way to chase this via the court?

thanks!

Comment

No worries on this - seems they made the payment today thanks again!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                      X