• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court Claim Form - PCN 43secs of evidence

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Court Claim Form - PCN 43secs of evidence

I have done a search and browsed threads but not found anything with a similar claim.

4/5 years ago UK Parking Control issued a PCN on my partners Vehicle for parking without a permit. Time has passed so I do not completely remember the case but I never left anything unsettled. I can only assume that I had appealed this through their web portal at the time and because I didn't get any further letters I assumed the matter settled. 2021 comes I see lots of people have been targeted with old debts and them trying to claim and this is where I am.

I have a court claim form of which I will be responding shortly completing the Acknowledgement of service section and then preparing my defence. Am I correct in thinking that 42 secs of images are not a sufficient amount of time to allow my partner the opportunity to read the signs for the terms of the parking in the area?

She was looking to open up a store and went to enquire at the store front (parking was at the rear) about rates etc and had a viewing for the property, since then the managing agents have changed and are not able to step in to assist in this matter either. I would be willing to and am going to be prepared to go to court and maybe even counter claim for loss of earnings on 2 days (preparation for court and the actual court day plus travel expense to get there).

Am I missing anything here and or is the counterclaim amount going to be reasonable in a court?

Any and all help here would be greatly appreciated

12:56:43 is the time stamp on the first image
    12:57:25 is the time stamp on the last image of my car
    12:57:37 is the very last image (a sign on a wall)
    (Obtained via a SARS request)

Total Court Claim Amount = £313.44

Tags: None

Here are the attachments I forgot :P
    Attached Files

Comment

That is a a forbidding sign, they are not offering a contract to park fo Unauthorised vehicles. With no contract there can be no breach and therefore no charge. What they are trying to issue is a penalty, which is not allowed. The proper claimant is the landowner for trespass.

here's some text I have about permit holder only signs. The principle is the same

The signage in the car park is of a “forbidding” nature. It is limited to cars displaying a valid permit only and therefore the terms cannot apply to cars without a permit because the signage does not offer an invitation to park on certain terms. The terms are forbidding. This means that there was never a contractual relationship. I refer you to the following case law: PCM-UK v Bull et all B4GF26K6 [2016], UKPC v Masterson B4GF26K6[2016], Horizon Parking v Mr J C5GF17X2 [2016] – In all three of these cases the signage was found to be forbidding and thus only a trespass had occurred and would be a matter for the landowner.

for the excessive amount look up Excel v wilkinson

The driver is permitted time to read the signs to decide if they will accept the contract

Comment

I am so thankful for your response I hadn't even considered the context of the signage. Your fast and speedy help in this matter has given me a relief of stress before Christmas

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
        X