• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hoist finance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hoist finance

Hello, I am wanting advice regarding a court letter I've received from hoist finance, regarding a barclaycard debt. I cannot remember the last time I paid, had correspondence with barclaycard, last email from barclaycard was December 2017. I rang them for help, I was struggling with so much debt and I said I couldn't pay there fees any longer. I had already paid back want I borrowed and more. They basically said stop paying and they'd send to a debt company. I've had letters from debt company but I've always ignored them. Yesterday I got a court claim form from hoist finance. I am the only person that works in my house and I'm already struggling with bills and other debt. Please could someone advise. Many thanks
    Tags: None

Hi KEL

Firstly try not to worry.

a) Follow the instructions in the link. Acknowledge the Claim online (Using MoneyClaim Online), that gives you 28 days -

https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...ledge-a-claim/

b) Send a CCA Request to Hoist Finance (send it Recorded Delivery) -

https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...etter-example/

c) Send a Subject Access Request to Barclays (they have 30 days to respond) (send it Recorded Delivery) -

https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...ccess-request/

More advice will follow.

Comment

Have you considered an Individual Voluntary Arrangement?

Comment

Sorry I haven't replied, today is my day off, so sorting things today.
        Thankyou ECHAT11 I will get on that today.
        ENGLANDPI what does that mean? Sorry if that sounds really dumb but do you mean I make contact and tell them this is what I can offer and see what they come back with? I haven't made contact with them as I'm unsure whats best to do. I'm not trying to get out of the debt just can't afford to pay the whole lot.
        Thankyou

Comment

https://www.gov.uk/options-for-payin...y-arrangements

Comment

Originally posted by Kel View Post
            Sorry I haven't replied, today is my day off, so sorting things today.
            Thankyou ECHAT11 I will get on that today.
            ENGLANDPI what does that mean? Sorry if that sounds really dumb but do you mean I make contact and tell them this is what I can offer and see what they come back with? I haven't made contact with them as I'm unsure whats best to do. I'm not trying to get out of the debt just can't afford to pay the whole lot.
            Thankyou

Hi Kel

If you can answer the following questions, leave out any personal details -

Have you Acknowledged the Claim?:

Total Amount Claimed :

Claimant’s Name:

Solicitors Firm:

Original Creditor:

Original Debt (eg. Credit card/Loan/Overdraft) :

Particulars of Claim: ( Please type out in full excluding names/account numbers/exact amounts ):

Is the debt Statute Barred (have you had any contact with the creditor or claimant over the last 6 years?):

List any letters you have sent (eg: CCA/ CPR ):

Any Other Information or Background Details:

Comment

Have you Acknowledged the Claim?:
              This letter no, but I accepted and paid barclaycard when I took it out.

Total Amount Claimed :
              no idea how much the original debt was as I'd payed what I borrowed off this court letter is regarding the fees barclaycard were taking off me monthly.

Claimant’s Name: Hoist finance

Solicitors Firm:
              Howard Cohen and co

Original Creditor:
              BarclayS Bank plc ex barclaycard

Original Debt (eg. Credit card/Loan/Overdraft) :
              Credit card

Particulars of Claim: ( Please type out in full excluding names/account numbers/exact amounts ):
              Nothing really I just took the card out as I was struggling financially and had letters through my door for a barclaycard. They gave me the card and then it just spiraled put of controlled with the fees they were taking.

Is the debt Statute Barred (have you had any contact with the creditor or claimant over the last 6 years?):
              I don't know know original date I contacted barclaycard and stop paying unfortunately.

List any letters you have sent (eg: CCA/ CPR ):
              I haven't sent any letters or had contact for atleast 4 years

Any Other Information or Background Details:

I hope this helps slightly. I have no documentation at all

Comment

Regarding the IVA. I can pay £50 a month towards the debt would this be a suitable amount or would they be looking at more? I also pay £50 a month to a provident loan which is double the amount of this court claim?

Comment

a) Have you Acknowledged the Claim?:

This is what the question is asking you - a) Follow the instructions in the link. Acknowledge the Claim online (Using MoneyClaim Online), that gives you 28 days -

b) Total Amount Claimed :
                  no idea how much the original debt was as I'd payed what I borrowed off this court letter is regarding the fees barclaycard were taking off me monthly.

This will be on the court claim you have received in £'s.

c)Particulars of Claim: ( Please type out in full excluding names/account numbers/exact amounts ):
                  Nothing really I just took the card out as I was struggling financially and had letters through my door for a barclaycard. They gave me the card and then it just spiraled put of controlled with the fees they were taking.

This will be on the court claim you have received under Particulars of Claim.

d)Is the debt Statute Barred (have you had any contact with the creditor or claimant over the last 6 years?):
                  I don't know know original date I contacted barclaycard and stop paying unfortunately.

When you send the CCA Request and SAR you will get this information.

Can answer these bits again, except 'd'?

Comment

Also do all the things in post no.2 on this thread.

Comment

a) Have you Acknowledged the Claim?:

This is what the question is asking you - a) Follow the instructions in the link. Acknowledge the Claim online (Using MoneyClaim Online), that gives you 28 days -

b) Total Amount Claimed :​​
                      Debt
                      £1535.77
                      costs £155 and £80
                      ​​​​​Total £1730.77

This will be on the court claim you have received in £'s.

c)Particulars of Claim: ( Please type out in full excluding names/account numbers/exact amounreally
                      The claim is for £1535.77 arising from defendants breach of regulated consumer credit agreement. Gives ref number. The defendant has failed to remedy the breach in accordance with default notice issued pursuant to ss.87(1) and 88 of consumer credit act 1974. Claiment claims the sum due from defendant following legal assignment of agreement from barclays bank plc ex barclaycard. Written notice of the assignment given.
                      claimant claims sum of £1535.77 plus costs

This will be on the court claim you have received under Particulars of Claim.

d)Is the debt Statute Barred (have you had any contact with the creditor or claimant over the last 6 years?):

When you send the CCA Request and SAR you will get this information.

Can answer these bits again, except 'd'?

Comment

Sorry I've rewritten these now
                        thankyou for your time I appreciate your help

Comment

Hi i have hand written the letters as i dont have a printer availible to me, is this ok? also who do i send the barlays letter to? my nearest bank or actually head quaters in london?
                          thankyou

Comment

Originally posted by Kel View Post
                            Hi i have hand written the letters as i dont have a printer availible to me, is this ok? also who do i send the barlays letter to? my nearest bank or actually head quaters in london?
                            thankyou
                            Send a CCA Request to Hoist Finance (send it Recorded Delivery) -
                            Hoist Finance, House 2, 4th Floor, Standbrook, 5 Old Bond St, London W1S 4PD

Send a Subject Access Request to Barclays (they have 30 days to respond) (send it Recorded Delivery) -
                            Barclays Bank PLC, 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP

Send them Recorded Delivery so you know they've got them.

Comment

Thankyou, i have a differnt address for hoist finance on the claim form which i was using. This is hoist finance uk holdings 1 LI, mited r/o quays reach carolina way salford m50 2zy. which do i use? thanks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X