• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCJ found on credit check. Sent to previous address

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCJ found on credit check. Sent to previous address

Hi all, I received a debt collection letter a few days back and was very confused by the mention of a county court judgment number. I checked my credit file and to my horror, saw two CCJs recorded. One had been sent to my old address and the other to my previous address before that.

for the first one, I am sure my v5 etc was updated but it was still sent to my old, old address.

for the second, I don’t believe my v5 or electoral roll was updated. There was however bank accounts, a mortgage for my current address, which was set up 15 months prior to the date the claim for was issued, utilities etc to my current address. I also have my tenancy agreement ending and council tax etc.

I have filled out a SAR and sent to both parking companies. I am feeling very overwhelmed with the fact there are two CCJs to deal with.

I am unclear as to whether the courts would deem it as my problem and not theirs, as I didn’t update my v5/ electoral role, or whether the fact they had no response from me, and my current address was there on my credit file, would be enough of a defence as I didn’t have a chance to pay the original fine or disagree with it as I simply didn’t know it was there.

I’m really unsure whether to attempt to complete the N244 or to pay a solicitor to help. I’ve had several days of sleepless nights and really want to deal with the situation ASAP.

Should I request to see the court letters etc which were send to my old address, and do I ask the parking company or the courts for this?

Should I provide proof of my current address to the parking companies as they had no contact from me and ask them to consent to set aside, or do I just go straight for the N244 contested set aside. Do I have a chance of getting it set aside or not?

I just don’t know the best way to deal with the situation.

many thanks in advance for any advice you can provide.
    Tags: None

Hi Karen27

Firstly try not to worry. I think you need to weigh up the costs involved, i.e. the cost of a solicitor and the amount that you are being asked to pay.

Here's some info - https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/de...credit-rating/

Only posting link as it contains some useful information (not a recommendation to use these or any solicitors) - https://www.masonbullock.co.uk/ccj-wrong-address/

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X