• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

MCOL Claim for a refund for a treatment performed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MCOL Claim for a refund for a treatment performed

Hello all,

I have a little dilemma! I have been hairdressing for over 20 years and this is the first time this has happened to me!

I had a new client that came to me at home for a full head of highlights. Her boyfriend paid and put the money by bacs into my bank. When she arrived her hair apart from an inch regrowth was damaged beyond repair, we were to be using Olapex but even that would have its work cut out! She said to me that she had home bleached her hair herself and that she needed her roots to be highlighted.

Before carrying out the highlights I stated that I would not bleach over-bleach as it would cause her hair to break, I, therefore, called it a work in progress. When I was doing the treatment she was complaining about every hairdresser she had in the past. Then I just knew I should have just said no straight away and refunded her.

When we had finished she looked in the mirror in front of my husband and she was so pleased!

A week later I had a pm on Facebook from her boyfriend to say that she was upset and felt she had missed bits could I help. I then explained to say that she had highlights not and all over bleach and her hair was in such bad condition that I would need to take advice 'touching up' areas. He was very understanding and knew where I was coming from re the damage.

She then messaged me and said that she told him not to message but he did. Then she went on to say that it was a little area that was not close enough to the scalp. Could I just touch it up. I did say I would and made an appointment to have a look and rectify any issues - as long as she signed a declaration that I have told her the risks and it would not be down to me if her hair suffered further stress.

The day of the appointment she canceled and demanded I refund her all of her money, I said that I would give her a partial refund as I had to buy the Olapex and the other products. She then gave me a barrage of text messages on how a salon was going to put it right now. I have been professional in the way that I did not want to damage her already frazzled hair.

A week later she splashed photos of my personal Facebook profile, apparent images of where I missed and needing advice on where to go now, saying I am a crook and that I should not be trusted. She did this on 20 Facebook groups - I was in pieces! My husband tried to calm me down saying it will be old news tomorrow. I then tried to forget about it but continued getting panic attacks as my friends kept showing me.

5 weeks later I receive a small claims letter with her claiming - I paid for a service that wasn't delivered to the required standards. She is claiming £215 - A full refund, the cost of her salon 'repair' and the costs for the claim.

How do I deal with this? Does she have a case? Counterclaim for defamation and harassment? I am lost totally blown my confidence.

Advice would be lovely.
    Tags: None

Hi FreshandRosy

Try to calm down and not to stress yourself. What you need to do is Acknowledge the claim online, that will give you 28 days to Defend and Counterclaim.

It might be an idea to gather your evidence, correspondence, texts, emails, Facebook posts, the stuff you remember from memory etc. Then the guys can advise. If it was a genuine claim she wouldn't try to 'trash' your reputation on Facebook.

https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...ledge-a-claim/

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X