• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell claiming for an item that was returned 5 years ago

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell claiming for an item that was returned 5 years ago

Received a claim? Yes

Issue Date: 14/10/2020

Have you Acknowledged the Claim?: Yes, submitted online 18/10/20

Total Amount Claimed: about £800

Claimant’s Name: Lowell Portfolio I Ltd

Solicitors Firm: Lowell Solicitors Limited

Original Creditor: Littlewoods

Original Debt: Catalogue

Particulars of Claim:
    1) The Defendant entered into an agreement with Littlewoods which was regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974 under reference xxxxxxxx on 18/03/2015 ('the Agreement').
    2) In breach of the Agreement, the Defendant failed to maintain the required payments and the Agreement was terminated.
    3) The Agreement was later assigned to the Claimant on 27/11/2015 and written notice given to the Defendant.
    4) Despite repeated requests for payment, the sum of £xxx remains due and outstanding. And the Claimant claims
    a) The said sum of £xxx
    b) Interest pursuant to s69 Count Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% per annum from the date of assignment to the date of issue, accruing at a daily rate of £0.xxx, but limited to 1 year, being £xx.xx
    c) Costs

Is the debt Statute Barred: No

List any letters you have sent: CCA and CPR requesting the agreement and the notice of assignment are ready to post tomorrow (19/10/2020), should I be requesting any other documents?

Any Other Information or Background Details:

This was for a bed I bought from Littlewoods in April 2015, the bed was returned as it wasn't as described and we then bought a bed from somewhere else. I don't have any evidence to say that it was returned other than the email I sent them with no response (they called back to confirm collection as far as I remember). We moved out of that property a few months later, the next thing I heard about this was at the end of last year/beginning of this year when Lowell sent me a letter at my new address requesting the outstanding amount. I sent them a letter back disputing this advising that the bed had been returned (I have a copy somewhere that I am trying to dig out). I received no response to this. I moved 3 months ago and yesterday was brought unopened post from my ex at my old address which included this claim pack from the CCBC.

I have registered on Money Claim Online and completed the Acknowledgement of Service. I have also prepared the CCA and CPR letters as stated above which I will post tomorrow. If anybody can provide me with any sort of guidance on how to proceed with defending against this claim it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X