• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell - Tomlin Order settlement offer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell - Tomlin Order settlement offer

Hello, I have received a Tomlin Order offer from Lowell and wonder what to do next? A bit of the history of the debt.
    1.CC claim received in January 2020 from Lowell (alleged Vanquis debt £3000).
    2. Defence submitted in Feb 2020.
    3. Requested docs from Lowell and sent SAR to Vanquis. Asked both for agreement. Vanquis sent me statement of account and Digital Signature Application.
    4. Received settlement offer from Lowell to pay £20/month full amount. I ignored.
    5. Sent reminder to Lowell about CCA. Received nothing.
    6. Received Directions questionnaire from Lowell, filled it and sent it back. I was going to offer 5%-10% settlement because no CCA.*
    7. Today received another settlement offer to pay £20/month the full amount via Tomlin order. Also received docs from Lowell - Digital Signature Application, statement of account (both same as sent from Vanquis) and Default Notice, although when I have sent SAR to Vanquis they have not sent me default notice even though I have asked for it specifically.*

From what I understand because Lowell sent me Digital Signature Application, SAO and DOF, they think they can proceed to court and win the case. They said in email: 'find enclosed the Digital Signature Application, Statement of Account and Default Notice in relation to the claimed debt. We have therefore discharged our duty to prove our debt to the Court on the balance of probabilities.'*

*I thought they have to provide me with CCA as they are enforcing it and without it they can't take me to court even if the debt is mine. That DCA can be filled by anyone with a bit of a search online for info.
    I have attached Digital Signature Application and the letter accompanying it. Can they actually win in court without CCA and with these docs? Or is this their last attempt to fool me before court mediation?*
    Thanks.*

Attached Files
    Tags: None

So I've looked closer at the documents Lowell sent and it seems they contain many discrepancies. The balance on statement of accounts is wrong and so is the same wrong balance written on notice of assignment. Does anyone know if notice of assignment is valid if balance is incorrect?*

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X