• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Warrant of control issued - CCJ from 2014 but only just discovered.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warrant of control issued - CCJ from 2014 but only just discovered.

Hey all. First post here and hoping it's in the right place. I'm posting on behalf of my mum as she's almost 70 and not great with this stuff.

In December 19 she received a letter which I initially wrote off as a scam. Basically saying as she hadn't responded to her CCJ further action would be taken unless she called this number to make a payment. I searched via noddle as we were totally unaware of any CCJ, but no mention. Hence why I thought it was a scam.*

Last week she received a letter containing the warrant of control. Which should be attached. Again still clueless we looked on the mse credit report to find nothing and also paid the £6 fee to check on Trust online. My sister called the number on the letter,*
    court advised its owed for shop direct (caval - possibly carval) in 2011. Court said Dryden Ltd dealing with it on behalf of Global who took on debt.*
    She called Dryden to see what Caval is, and ascertain if Mum did have it to then arrange payment plan, however Dryden said it was taken over from their services on 19/6/15. So we didn't know who it was that was supposedly owed. I signed up for a free trial of check my file and found the CCJ, it was done in 2014 but to an address that she had left in 2011, and also done under Miss not Mrs which is why trust online didn't show it.*

I posted on MSE for some help, I was advised to ask for it set aside, and also contact Northampton Court for more info. I emailed them, but they have only just emailed back a week later requiring my mum's authorisation to access the info. I* onysvted the bailiff number who has sent out forms N244 and N245. But we have such limited information I'm not sure how to fill the forms in, I have read the official guidance notes and various forum posts, but I feel a bit in the dark without knowledge of the CCJ. Is it still worth asking for a set aside when it will drop off her file in October anyway? And do we actually have grounds to get it set aside? I believe she would be exempt from any fees for applications by the way. We dont know what order was made in terms of payments. So in general I feel a bit lost and also panicking as I want to get it done ASAP so the bailiffs don't turn up at her door. If you need any further information please let me know. I'm really hopeful you can steer me in the right way. Thanks in advance.*
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

Really it depends, if she can just get it paid, then no there's not really much point as it's only on her file till Oct 2020 and doesn't seem to have affected her too much to date ( or she might have discovered it earlier ) Is the amount being asked for on the warrant the full CCJ amount ? ( did the court tell you what the full amount of the judgment was?)

Does she recall having any catalogue accounts back in the late 2000's? Shop Direct could be
    Additions Direct, Abound, Choice, Great Universal, Isme, K&Co, Kays, Marshall Ward and Woolworths,Very.co.uk, Littlewoods.com
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

She is most likely going to have to do monthly payments. Her only income is basic pension and PIP. She had an abysmal credit rating anyway, she was in a lot of debt at the time with various catalogue companies and door step loans as she had a lot of issues. So the only credit she could get were more door step loans, plus she's a council tenant so that's why we've never noticed it. She thinks she had a couple of those catalogue accounts. I do actually still have all her paperwork as I was in the process of getting her a DRO, but then everything went down the pan and after a hospital stay she was moved into her bungalow. The problem was they were always getting sold on, because she wasn't paying them, so it got to the point we didn't know who she owed and how much. The court said the original amount was just over £300.
      Do you think we should just contact the bailiffs and offer to pay a snall amount monthly then instead of messing about with paperwork and forms? Also sorry for the lack of paragraphs, whenever I tried to add one I got loads of symbols! Thanks.*

Comment

If she wants to pay monthly then she will be better off submitting an application on Form N245 to Suspend the Warrant and make regular payments. It is a simple form to fill in. If she does this then it is a case of informing the Bailiff office of what she has done and they will monitor it to make sure she has done it. Be warned that if it is granted and she fails to pay then the Bailiff will automatically be reinstated.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
        X