• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

LOWELL County Court letter help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New email from lowell.

Dear *********

We write in reference to the below email. We note your monthly offer of payment.

As there is a live claim, the matter will have to be formalised by way of Tomlin Order. A Tomlin Order is an agreement between both parties which stays legal proceedings for the purpose of a settlement. Under a Tomlin Order you will maintain a monthly repayment arrangement until the outstanding balance is cleared. Should you fail to maintain the monthly arrangements, our Client will be at liberty to enter a County Court Judgment against you for the full outstanding balance.

Please note there is Court fee of £100.00 to seal the Tomlin Order which will be reflected in the full and final settlement offer.

If you are in agreement of this, please sign page 1 and return the Draft Order within 7 days from the date of this email. Alternatively, you can send a clear scanned copy of the draft Order to us by email to help@lowellsols.co.uk.Please note that if the draft Tomlin Order is not returned by the date specified, our Client may instruct us to take further action.

You can obtain independent legal advice from the Citizens Advice Bureau or a solicitor of your choosing.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Yours Sincerely,

Lowell Solicitors Limited

Comment

What should I do?

Comment

your choice they them get away with it or see if they proceed by paying to continue = no two cases are the same BUT lowells try everything up to the last minute before they loose any refunds of their court fees, read around the net about lowells and read procedures they use and last minute withdrawals if they feel they have no prospect of winning, a game of nerves, it is easy to say agree and make a Tomlin order BUT do you owe them monies? up to them to prove it, too many people panic ( human response) and give in when proof has not been made that they owe the people anything, but the choice you have to make??

Lowells going for agreement now makes me suspect they hope you cave in??

Comment

Well they have all the documents requested so it's like black and white proof I dont see how I could win?

Comment

duplicate

Comment

has anybody seen those documents i.e the CCA and stated it is enforceable or not??

Comment

look CCA copy redacted not the library

Comment

I dont understand

Comment

MrFeud - I'm sure this is very stressful for you, some people thrive on the fight, but most do not, it is certainly not an enjoyable position to be in.
                    Yes, you could play a waiting game with Lowell, see what happens when they apply to lift the stay.
                    I've taken a look at the documents you attached to post #11 and as far as I can tell, they all look in order.
                    I do not believe Lowell will just forget about you, this will eventually come to a head and need tackling. Unfortunately there isn't anything in your documents that make me believe they would discontinue near trial; which they very often do for accounts which have not produced proper CCA compliance or have other serious flaws such as Limitation Act dispute.
                    To me, it is a simple matter of what is best for your mental health and well-being and that is absolutely your choice, I only hope we have helped you make sense of the process you have been through.
                    "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                    X