• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell solicitors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok so a letter was sent to lowell today and so has the SAR to TalkTalk.
    On further reading ive read that these kind of debts are not covered by the Credit Consumer Act 1794.
    Where the creditor does not need to provide a agreement or signature.
    Will this effect the aleged renewal on the 6th of october?

Comment

Recieved a letter from Lowell solictors today basicly saying the same thing, that it is my responsibility to prove i canceled the contract and its me that has to provide proof that it was not me that renewed the contract in october 2016...it also states this is not covered by the CCA1974 ... i cant prove any of this as its now 3 years ago.

I know for certain i did not renew this account as i had been uphappy with TalkTalk for a period of time and looked for new suppliers.
      Is there anywhere else i can go with this?

Thanks

Comment

Ive not posted in a while regarding this so i will provide an update. After a lot of letters between myself and Lowell solicitors i basicly told them i wanted this to goto court and challenged them. Last Friday i recieved a letter from Lowell solicitors basicly saying upon reviewing the information i had given them , they have ceased litigation and passed the matter back to their client for further review.
        this tells me that they have no evidence to claim for this in court.
        my only issue now is that Lowell have put a default on my credit file. If Lowell wont take me to court so i can defend this, how do i go about getting the default removed? I have contacted Experian, they have contacted Lowell on my behalf but have refused to amend the default.

Comment

If within 6 years a default stays regardless no case does not mean no default

Comment

Even whe the debt was never your fault? So your saying my credit is going to be bad for the next 6 years through no fault of my own? That hardly seems fair.

Comment

Originator issues default on such a date then Lowell's buy it they can only change to their name not the original date

Comment

Wow TalkTalk have really screwed me over.
                im not happy about it 1 bit...how can they do this when it was there error?
                ive had another letter from Experian saying i can request and "notice of correction" and add my own statement.
                not sure if it will make any difference.

Thanks for your replies Mike.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                X