• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

BusyGran v Perch / Lending Stream / TM Legal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No don't let them know anything, the court will send the info to them, it shows online as soon as you acknowledge the claim, and they use that as an excuse to start sending emails threatening default judgment and bailiffs.

The Claimant claims this amount in respect of an unpaid loan regulated by The Consumer Credit Act 1974. The loan was funded by GAIN Credit LLC. The Defendant has failed to make payments in accordance with the terms of the credit agreement. The credit agreement was assigned to the Claimant, upon which a Notice of Assignment was sent to the Defendant. The Defendant has either failed to respond to the Claimant or has failed to maintain regular payments. The Claimant has issued a letter of claim, providing the Defendant with a further opportunity to arrange repayment of the outstanding balance to no avail. The Claimant claims interest under Section 69 of the County Court Act 1984 at the rate of 8% a year from (gives dates) on (gives amount) and also interest at the same rate up to the date of judgment or earlier payment at a daily rate of £0.16"
    Just thinking that they do not plead that there are two accounts, as well as failing to plead default or termination, that could help.

They do mention Notice of Assignment so we can do a CPR 31.14 request for that, acknowledging they have sent the rest of the info.
    ( again thinking out loud so don't do anything else yet )

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Asset Collections & Perch Capital & TM all the same people. Amethyst

Comment

I know GB xxx
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Hi Amethyst

Email received from TM dated 4th November stating as follows:-

"Dear XXXX

Your account has been placed on hold as we are currently awaiting further information from yourself.

Your account is now on hold for 7 days once the 7 days expire your account will be open for further collection activity.

Please send any attachments to TM etc"

Regards
          BusyGran

Comment

You have until the 27th November to file defence, so don't worry.

They'll have received the notice that you've acknowledged the claim with intent to defend. The 'on hold for 7 days' is simply rubbish and entirely pointless as they too are tied to the court process timeline.

#staysafestayhome

Comment

Hi Amethyst

I've received a first email from TM this morning :

"Due to ourselves being instructed by Asset Collections and Investigations to manage the account we will have sent a welcome email. If you would like to have the Notice of Assignment you will have to contact Asset Collections and Investigations "

So they finally responded saying this, after insisting we can't have another one as they already sent one!

And then I received a second email this afternoon which reads as follows:

Here at TM Legal Services Limited ("TMLS"), our records indicate that you have recently been in contact with us however, we have still not come to an amicable resolution on your account.

Our goal is to resolve the matter and establish a fair understanding of your current circumstances.

We can offer you a reduced settlement figure and /or tailored payment arrangements to suit your financial needs.

What are my options?

1.We can offer you reduced settlement figure on your account of £. Upon the full settlement being paid, we will write off the remaining balance and close the account, please contact the office to agree your reduced settlement figure.

2.We also offer tailored payment arrangements to suit your financial needs. For example this could be £ a month until the balance of £ is cleared in full.

Please note, we would look to take the first payment within the next 14 days.

All settlements / payment arrangements are subject to affordability checks.

You can make payments via our online portal today, click the button below!

What do you think should be our next move?

Thanks
              BusyGran
              Last edited by BusyGran59; 11th November 2019, 15:18:PM. Reason: Received a second email from TM this afternoon!

Comment

Hi guys, knowing I have to file a defence by 27th November, do you think I should be pushing them for the Notice of Assignment so we can see it? If so, who shall I write to as they are insisting its Asset Collections, however as GBEXILE said above, they are all the same company! I do suffer from anxiety so tend to worry a lot about things, sorry if it seems I'm pestering you but its on my mind all the time. Thanks again x

Comment

Originally posted by BusyGran59 View Post
                  Hi guys, knowing I have to file a defence by 27th November, do you think I should be pushing them for the Notice of Assignment so we can see it? If so, who shall I write to as they are insisting its Asset Collections, however as GBEXILE said above, they are all the same company! I do suffer from anxiety so tend to worry a lot about things, sorry if it seems I'm pestering you but its on my mind all the time. Thanks again x
                  You need to carry on like they are different companies (IMPORTANT DO NOT TREAT THEM AS THE SAME COMPANY) .

Don't bother chasing them up if you have proof of posting/ proof of delivery.

You just write in the defence that you have requested them on such & such date from so & so but they have failed to provide you with a copy as of date of defence.

Comment

Originally posted by GBExile View Post

You need to carry on like they are different companies (IMPORTANT DO NOT TREAT THEM AS THE SAME COMPANY) .

Don't bother chasing them up if you have proof of posting/ proof of delivery.

You just write in the defence that you have requested them on such & such date from so & so but they have failed to provide you with a copy as of date of defence.
                    Thanks so much GM. We don't have any proof of a NOA just TM's word that one was sent via email sometime ago (never received). BTW I don't expect you guys to do all the work for me, and just appreciate your valued help and advice, I'm very happy to be proactive about this myself as long as I know I'm doing the right thing. Shall I write to Asset with a CPR 31.14 request for the NOA now then?

Comment

Have now received two Notices of Assignment. Amethyst I can’t edit them so will forward to the admin address as I did the previous docs and trust that’s ok. . Look forward to your views. Thanks in advance.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                      X