• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Creation financial Service county court claim form.PLEASE HELP!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Amethyst

Have a few questions Regarding point 2,8,9,16&17.

On SAR,the Claimant disclosed a copy of agreement.
    Received CCA on yesterday,the Solicitors mention " Our client has responded advising that a copy of the Original Agreement is not available.

Do i need to amended 8 & 9 to:
    8.In respect of matters, which the Defendant is able to plead to, on the 23/10/2019 the Defendant made a Subject Access Request to the Claimant. The request was made pursuant to the Date Protection Act 2018 to Claimant,to obtain copies of any data they held relating to me or the account.

9.On the 29/10/2019 , in response to the statutory request referred to in paragraph 7 above, the Claimant disclosed a copy of an alleged agreement which is stated to be between Sygma Bank UK (Creation) and the Defendant.It did not include any notice of default or termination nor any copy of executed agreement.

On SAR & CCA,the Claimant attached statement,should i amend 2 & delete 16&17.

Should i added 22?

​​​​​​​Thanks again.

1.The Claimants claim form fails to adequately or even accurately set out the nature of the Claim.
    2.The Defendant avers that the Claimants pleadings are an abuse of process. The Claimants pleadings are lacking detail, there are no details as to when the alleged default occurred, the degree of default, despite requests for information from the Defendant; the Claimant has not provided any details as to how the sums claimed have accrued. Accordingly the Defendants contend that the pleadings are wholly inadequate for a contested matter and that the Claimant should be required to plead its' case coherently and accurately as required by the CPR 16 and PD 16. The Defendants reserve the right to re-plead their defence should the Claimant re-plead its claim adequately. The Defendant requests the court order the Claimant to pay the cost of such amendment.
    3.The Defendant accepts the claim was issued in the Northampton County Court bulk centre and that there are restrictions on pleading. However the bulk centre rules clearly state that if you cannot plead in the allowed number of characters then you should not use the Bulk Centre or in the alternative the Claimant was at liberty to issue and set out that particulars were to follow.
    4.The Claimant issued this claim against the Defendant on 07/10/2019
    5.The sparse particulars of claim state that “The Defendant [D] held the accounts as listed below with the Claimant [C]. The D failed to pay the sums due to C when demanded and the sums listed below remain outstanding. Account Number xxxxxx Debt Balance £2375.18”
    6.It is denied that the Defendant entered into an agreement with Creation Financial Services Limited or that he is indebted to Creation Financial Services Limited as claimed or at all.
    7.Upon the Claimant clarifying matters set out in paragraphs 5 above the Defendant reserves his position to amend this Defence further. The Defendant shall seek the costs of the amendments from the Claimant due to the Claimants failure to plead its case adequately.
    8.In respect of matters, which the Defendant is able to plead to, on the 23/10/2019 the Defendant made a request for information to the Claimant. The request was made pursuant to s78 (1) Consumer Credit Act 1974 to ascertain that the agreement, which the Claimant was demanding payment under and to obtain further information about the terms of the contract.
    9.On the 29/10/2019 , in response to the statutory request referred to in paragraph 7 above, the Claimant disclosed a copy of an alleged agreement which is stated to be between Sygma Bank UK (Creation) and the Defendant.

10.The agreement states in the definitions that “ We'/'our'us' definition of "Syma Bank UK (whose ultimate parent company of Cofinoga SA)”

11.The agreement also states “Other services may be provided from time to time by Creation Financial Services Limited and other associated companies” This is the only mention of the Claimant in the entire agreement and evidences that the agreement on which the Claimant intends to rely cannot have been entered into between themselves and the Defendant.

12.The Claimant does not plead that Sygma Bank UK have assigned the rights or responsibilities under the agreement to the Claimant. Therefore the Claimant has no cause of action.

13.The Claimant does not plead that the account entered into Default or was Terminated. Therefore the Claimant has no cause of action.

14.The alleged Agreement states that the ‘Credit Intermediary’ is ‘ASDA Stores Limited.

15.It appears to have been entered into in April 2013 although the agreement is dated October 2012. The Defendant does not recognise the agreement provided and the Claimant is put to strict proof.

16.The Defendant recognises that he held an ASDA branded credit card in the past with a credit limit attached of £1150.

17.The Claimant is required to evidence how the sum claimed has been calculated.

18.It is denied that the Claimant served any Default notice on the Defendant. The Claimant is required to prove that a compliant Default Notice was served upon the Defendant.

19.In the premise that the disclosures and pleadings are inadequate, the Defendant is faced with difficulty in pleading further

20.For the avoidance of doubt the Defendant requires the Claimant to plead effectively and disclose the complete documents upon which the Claim is based. In the event the Claimant fails to re-plead, then the Defendant invites the court to issue whatever orders it deems fit including an order striking the Claim out.
    21.The claim is denied.
    22.The particulars of claim are poor, non-compliant with CPR16 and most importantly, fails to identify a default notice which, according to the Court of Appeal in PRA v Doyle, the default notice is fundamental to bringing a claim for outstanding sums and that a failure is non compliance is an unanswerable strike out.

Comment

Originally posted by cho11 View Post
      Thanks again,I am not sure what I would do without your help.
      I have just received my CCA request by Shoosmiths LLP.
      Our client has responded advising that a copy of the Original Agreement is not available.
      Please find attached statement provided by them.
      So confused ,on SAR document they have attached agreement?

On SAR & CCA they have attached statement.
      should i keep/delete this:
      The Defendant recognises that he held an ASDA branded credit card in the past with a credit limit attached of £950.
      The Claimant is required to evidence how the sum claimed has been calculated.

Amethyst
      Interesting. Let';s add that in, and I'll have a look at your other amendments too xx

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

2019-11-06 12_37_49-Microsoft Edge.png
        It kills their case on its own, and they know that. So why are they not complying? Because it isn't an agreement between Creation and You.

We could go back to a simple defence reliant on just that breach of the CCA 1974. Let me have a think.

12.On the[Date] The Defendant sent a formal request for a copy of the original agreement to the Claimant pursuant to section 78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 along with the statutory £1 fee.
        13.The Claimant responded on [date]2019 through their Solicitors, Shoosmiths, who stated that their client does not hold a copy of the credit agreement.
        14. The Claimant has failed to comply with s 78 (1) Consumer Credit Act 1974 and by virtue of s 78 (6) Consumer Credit Act 1974 cannot enforce the agreement.

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
          2019-11-06 12_37_49-Microsoft Edge.png
          It kills their case on its own, and they know that. So why are they not complying? Because it isn't an agreement between Creation and You.

We could go back to a simple defence reliant on just that breach of the CCA 1974. Let me have a think.

12.On the[Date] The Defendant sent a formal request for a copy of the original agreement to the Claimant pursuant to section 78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 along with the statutory £1 fee.
          13.The Claimant responded on [date]2019 through their Solicitors, Shoosmiths, who stated that their client does not hold a copy of the credit agreement.
          14. The Claimant has failed to comply with s 78 (1) Consumer Credit Act 1974 and by virtue of s 78 (6) Consumer Credit Act 1974 cannot enforce the agreement.

Hi Amethyst
          Should i delete 8-11,15-17 based on Claimant does not hold a copy of the credit agreement.

Thanks again.

Comment

Cut loads out. Let's leave the Sygma bits for later.

IN THE xxxxxxxxxxxx COUNTY COURT (CCBC) CASE No: xxxxxx
            BETWEEN:
            Creation Financial Services Limited
            CLAIMANT And
            xxxxxxxxxxx
            DEFENDANT

Defence

1.The Claimants claim form fails to adequately or even accurately set out the nature of the Claim.

2.The Claimant issued this claim against the Defendant on 07/10/2019

3.The sparse particulars of claim state that “The Defendant [D] held the accounts as listed below with the Claimant [C]. The D failed to pay the sums due to C when demanded and the sums listed below remain outstanding. Account Number xxxxxx Debt Balance £2375.18”

4.The Defendant avers that the Claimants pleadings are an abuse of process. Accordingly the Defendants contend that the pleadings are wholly inadequate for a contested matter and that the Claimant should be required to plead its' case coherently and accurately as required by the CPR 16 and PD 16. The Defendants reserve the right to re-plead their defence should the Claimant re-plead its claim adequately. The Defendant requests the court order the Claimant to pay the cost of such amendment.

5. In respect of matters, which the Defendant is able to plead to it is denied that the Defendant entered into an agreement with Creation Financial Services Limited or that he is indebted to Creation Financial Services Limited as claimed or at all.

6.It appears, although it has not been pleaded, that the account which the Claimant alleges has given rise to their claim is a credit account regulated under the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

7. On the 23/10/2019 the Defendant made a request for information to the Claimant. The request was made pursuant to s78 (1) Consumer Credit Act 1974 to ascertain that the agreement, which the Claimant was demanding payment under and to obtain further information about the terms of the contract.

8. The Claimant responded on [date]2019 through their Solicitors, Shoosmiths, who stated that their client does not hold a copy of the credit agreement.

9. The Claimant has failed to comply with s 78 (1) Consumer Credit Act 1974 and by virtue of s 78 (6) Consumer Credit Act 1974 cannot enforce the agreement.

12.The Claimant does not plead that the account entered into Default or was Terminated. Therefore the Claimant has no cause of action as they fail to identify a default notice which, according to the Court of Appeal in PRA v Doyle, the default notice is fundamental to bringing a claim for outstanding sums and that a failure is non compliance is an unanswerable strike out.

13.The Defendant is faced with difficulty in pleading further

14.For the avoidance of doubt the Defendant requires the Claimant to plead effectively and disclose the complete documents upon which the Claim is based. In the event the Claimant fails to re-plead, then the Defendant invites the court to issue whatever orders it deems fit including an order striking the Claim out.

15.The claim is denied.

#staysafestayhome

Comment

Thanks you so much for all you help Amethyst.

Just a waiting game now, hopefully they will withdraw the case before hearing.

Should i send defence online now or wait until this Friday?

Comment

I'd do it tomorrow - just in case you run into any issues with Moneyclaim online xx
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                  I'd do it tomorrow - just in case you run into any issues with Moneyclaim online xx
                  Many thanks again Amethyst

Comment

Amethyst

Just to update with some news!!!!!
                    I rang the court and the case is Stayed as they haven't heard from Claimant either.
                    Is good or bad? What next now?

Thanks

Comment

At the moment - take it as a delay - they may well just pick stayed cases back up after the Christmas break. At the moment it's a case of wait and see and if nothing by the end of January you could consider asking court to strike the claim out.*
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

update: Amethyst*
                        I rang the court again and the case is still Stayed as they haven't heard from Claimant either.
                        I received a letter by Shoosmiths today:
                        We write further to the above matter and acknowledge receipt of your Defence dated 7 Nov 2019.We apologise for the delay in our response.
                        Please be advised that we have requested the appropriate documentation from out client and hope to be in a position to revert to you shortly.

What that mean now?Do i need do anything?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by cho11 View Post
                          update: Amethyst
                          I rang the court again and the case is still Stayed as they haven't heard from Claimant either.
                          I received a letter by Shoosmiths today:
                          We write further to the above matter and acknowledge receipt of your Defence dated 7 Nov 2019.We apologise for the delay in our response.
                          Please be advised that we have requested the appropriate documentation from out client and hope to be in a position to revert to you shortly.

What that mean now?Do i need do anything?

Thanks
                          personally, i wouldnt let the case be stayed for long at all. You are effectively letting them have a free shot at you if you do.

When they issued their claim they should have had all the documents in order. If they didnt then they would have some explaining to do to the court if you applied to strike them out. If you let them get their house in order you are effectively saying i want you to Win Mr Shoosmiths.

Dont do it.
                          I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

Claim was transferred to xxxx on 24/06/2021.
                            Claimant apply Application strike out/summary judgment.

Reason: The Claimant seeks and order that the Defendant's defence be stuck out pursuant to CPR 3.4 and/or the Claimant be granted Summary judgment pursuant
                            to CPR 24.2, in the term of the Draft Order attached, against the Defendant because the Defendant's defence discloses no reasonable
                            grounds for defending the claim and/or she has no real prospect of successfully defending the claim at the trial and there is no compelling
                            reason why their case should be disposed of a trial.

Upload Claimant witness statement:

Can i using disagree of Notice of the agreement assigned ,Default notice and The particulars of Claim are sparse and inadequate for my defence?

1.The Claimant (Creation Financial Service Limited) disclosed a copy of an alleged agreement which is stated to be between Sygma Bank UK (Creation) and the Defendant.

Agreement Upload:

2. Claimant mention On witness statement: On 03 July 2015 Sygma bank UK assigned its rights, title and interest in respect of the Agreement to the Claimant.
                            Notice of the Assignmnet was sent to the Defendant in accordance with s.136 of the Law of property Act 1925.

A copy of the Notice of Assignment attached without any Name, address and date on it. I don't think this is acceptable to proof of Assignment send?

I also check my subject access request record from 07/04/2013 to 29/10/2019. no record the Notice of the assignment was send.

Notice of Assignment upload:

3. Default notice was issued on 23 July 2019.

On Default notice :Credit Agreement between You and Creation Financial Services of xxxx

If you do not make payment by the date specified above then Creation Consumer Finance will: xxxxxxxx

But The claimant is Creation Financial Service Limited. Is that alright?

Default notice upload:

Thanks

Last edited by cho11; 16th September 2021, 11:21:AM.

Comment

rob Can you help? Thanks

Comment

Hello

I'm sorry it's not clear what you are asking of us.

It looks like PT suggested to you that you should not let the case be stayed for too long otherwise they have all the time in the world to gather the necessary documents / information and then apply to lift the stay on proceedings.

It appears that you have not followed PT's initial advice and now you over a year later, you are in a position where Creation now have the necessary documentation to proceed with the claim are now asking the court for summary judgment.

If you have been supplied with the information that your defence suggests were not provided at the start of proceedings,but now have them in your possession then what is it you need help with?
                                If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
                                - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                                LEGAL DISCLAIMER
                                Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X