• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell's claim (EDF)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell's claim (EDF)

I hope to find some help here regarding the claim letter I just received.

My case is below:

I have got from Lowell electricity bill issued by EDF on 3rd March 2015 for the period 16 November 2011 - 11 September 2013.
    I have periodically submitted meter readings via EDF website including final meter readings for this particular contract.
    EDF had my new address (they were electricity providers up to September 2014) as well my email and mobile number which has not changed since that time. However they has failed to bill within a year and never contacted me with this matter. I have paid the all the bills that I have received from them.
    I do not have access to EDF website because my account has been suspended by EDF. Lowell said that I have not submitted the final meter reading and that cause delay with billing, but that is not true as a prove I have emails from EDF and photo of the meters with values that I have submitted via website.
    As you can see I kept all my obligations and paid all invoices, I have received in timely manner.
    However this invoice to my understanding is falls under the Energy UK 12-month back billing principle and so should not be deemed as a debt.
    ------------------
    That is about what I have sent to Lowell however they submitted claim to court and completely ignoring the above arguments when responded.

My first question is how strong is my defense? And second is which steps I can take to be on a safe side?
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X