• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell portfolio 1 asking for money

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell portfolio 1 asking for money

Some advise if anyone can help ,

Basically an old phone debt has popped up from 2011 to voda, a ccj was out against it in 2016 according to credit records, now in 2019 and after no other letters or contact in over 8 years .... a county court warrant of possession has been issued at my address for the balance in 7 days *♂️

I didn’t even know debt companies had the power to move this sort of debt to a court !? And now it’s the courts hands , do I have I pay it!?

Surly a court plan wouldn’t have needed to been sent first? Or this could even be statutory bared the length of it? None the dates add up , called the court with number provided on the attached warrant and they said it’s regarding a debt
    From voda back in 2011!

So what are they chasing for it 8 years later

Got 7 days to do something here any advise or tips as to move forward , obviously can pay it outright but the creditors name once Google’s flagged up LOADS of red tape don’t pay, don’t contact etc

A little unsure what to do

Lowell portfolio 1 is the creditor
    Tags: None

Amethyst

Comment

Anyone can I get
      some help here, shall I just pay them? Negotiate a cheaper settlement? I really need to know just how real this warrant is and if it’s enforceable!! No judge signature just a stamp that doesn’t look all that real, can I call my local court house and give them the details and ref numbers to see if this is actually real !?

Thanks

Comment

If you were issued with a CCJ in 2016 that essentially ruled in their favour and said you should pay it. As far as I am aware (i'm no expert) the date of 2011 only counts in terms of being statutory barred if they tried to start court proceedings against you after 6 years. However, in this instance you say they took it to court in 2016 so it still stands and you will have to pay it or make an arrangement if you cant afford it. I don't think a CCJ ever expires.

Hope this helps in some way until someone more experienced comes along to advise you.

All the best

Comment

Amethyst

Comment

Originally posted by Donel361 View Post
            If you were issued with a CCJ in 2016 that essentially ruled in their favour and said you should pay it. As far as I am aware (i'm no expert) the date of 2011 only counts in terms of being statutory barred if they tried to start court proceedings against you after 6 years. However, in this instance you say they took it to court in 2016 so it still stands and you will have to pay it or make an arrangement if you cant afford it. I don't think a CCJ ever expires.

Hope this helps in some way until someone more experienced comes along to advise you.

All the best
            That's right xxx

You can apply to Suspend the warrant and set aside the judgement so you can defend ( or settle) the claim if you didn't know about it until now. https://legalbeagles.info/library/ho...-judgment-ccj/

Or you can apply to the court to vary the judgement to an instalment order and suspend the warrant. ( form n245)
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
            X