• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Duplicate claim?? What the....?!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Might be an idea to call the court and check they have received it okay, particularly as they haven't cashed the cheque yet.

Did you send a copy to the claimant as well ?

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I did not, I wasn’t aware I had to. Should I do it retrospectively??

Comment

Okay, ring the court to check they have received the application form. There can be a couple of weeks back log in these things
        COMPLETING AN N180 DIRECTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE (SMALL CLAIMS TRACK) GUIDE

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

You should have served a copy on the claimant, so if the court have received it you need to send the claimant a copy ASAP.

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

I’ll ring them first thing in the morning, and then I’ll send a copy to her too. Since then I’ve had an email come through regarding the original case, an N180, request for information. Looks simple enough to fill out, but is there anything I should be aware of with it??

Comment

Originally posted by Chris1986 View Post
              I’ll ring them first thing in the morning, and then I’ll send a copy to her too. Since then I’ve had an email come through regarding the original case, an N180, request for information. Looks simple enough to fill out, but is there anything I should be aware of with it??
              A guide to completing N180: https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...ims-track-form

Comment

Ok cheers, I’ll get that sorted today. I received the claimants copy of the N180 yesterday. In the email she’s attached the claim form for the second claim, calling it a ‘continuation’ of the existing one, and called me a liar in it, she’s not being very professional about the whole thing.

one point to note, is that she’s put on the form that apart from the last 2 weeks in December, she’s unavailable for court from November 10th, until the May 1st next year!! Surely the courts won’t say that fine will they? I don’t want this dragging out longer than it needs to.

Comment

Ok don't respond to her at all - does she mention your application in her email or is it just a general rant ?

Hopefully the court will look at your application and it'll all go together to the local court for directions - possibly resulting in a case management ( sort stuff out ) hearing.

The way things are with courts atm May next year wouldn't really be all that extraordinary timescales wise for a hearing regardless of whether the parties professed to be on extended holidays or not.
                  #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Blegh, that’s annoying. It’s just a rant about how I responded to claim 1 to be honest, and that she’s got supporting evidence. I’m sure whoever opens that email will be like wtf?

I contacted the xoirt about my n244, they did acknowledge they’d received it, but also that they’d done nothing with it because they were waiting for the online money claim people to ‘push it through’ and that I should speak to them.

so I spoke to them and they said the claim wasn’t assigned to the court, and that the court should assign it to themselves. Anyway, after some confusion, they agreed they’d assign the duplicate claim to the court so that the N244 could be processed. But unsure how long that’ll take.

Comment

Both claims were on the same layout of form ? Just wondering if she used the beta system for one and the old system for the other maybe ?
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

No, sorry. The N180 was requested via email and is to be returned via email. She emailed it back and Cc’d me into it as requested. She took it upon herself to download & attach the details of the second claim.

So she send 1 completed N180 & 1 PDF copy of the second opened case against me.

Comment

Finally a bit of an update. After a lot of here, there and everywhere, I’ve eventully received a letter to say that claim 2 has been transferred to Wakefield county court, where it’ll either be looked at by a judge or a hearing date will be set with a view to having it struck out.

On the the application I made, I asked for the costs to be reimbursed to me by the claimant. What’re the odds that the judge will agree with this? Because I’d hate to be out of pocket because of this woman’s stupidity!

Comment

Originally posted by Chris1986 View Post
                            Finally a bit of an update. After a lot of here, there and everywhere, I’ve eventully received a letter to say that claim 2 has been transferred to Wakefield county court, where it’ll either be looked at by a judge or a hearing date will be set with a view to having it struck out.

On the the application I made, I asked for the costs to be reimbursed to me by the claimant. What’re the odds that the judge will agree with this? Because I’d hate to be out of pocket because of this woman’s stupidity!
                            If successful you'll get your costs of the application for that very reason, you shouldn't suffer because she hasn't a clue what she's doing.

Comment

That’s excellent news! I have high hopes of winning, if I don’t then something has gone very wrong somewhere.

Comment

Strike out application has had a hearing date set! 7th of November! I’m expecting her to ask to get it changed, as it falls in her unavailability window annoyingly.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X