• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking fine/dispute - Court Letter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking fine/dispute - Court Letter

Hi Everyone,
    just came across this formum, and after some advice on an ongoing parking fine which has now escalated to a court letter. The whole incident has been very stressful, and the company in question were not interested in correspondence at all with me
    1. On arrival I made several attempts by phone to make payment (which I have phone records). The calls were automatically cut off at various points during the attempts, 2 of which I managed to record my card details, then before completion, I was disconnected again. My family were waiting for me while I tried for 15mins to make other attempts, it was extremely stressful at the time as I was genuinely trying to make payment, and kept being cut off .I tried the next day, and after that. No response
    2. My wife recorded on her phone myself trying to contact the given number via my speaker phone.
    3. I emailed the car park company on several occasions to find out if everything was ok/successful (which I have copies). I had no response from the company to any of my attempts, then all of a sudden a parking fine from 'Civil Enforcement' which I challenged. They told me to contact POPLA who's online form does not accept much information, and certainley not audio evidence.
    4. POPLA said that the Company inquestion said the phone line on that day was working fine ???? So turned down my appeal.
    5. Then after many letters contesting this, a Court Claim arrives for a vast amount, and I either pay it (admitting liability) or I chalenge it, and probable end up in a Court hearing that would pile on further stress, and further finacial requests I expect
    Any advice would be appreciated, as I genuinely offered to pay the parking, and have stated this to all concerened, but no one sems interested, or believe in my honesty , had enough now
    regards all,
    Andy
    Tags: None

Hi everyone any thoughts or experiences to share in this issue please ?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X