• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Registered Keeper but not driver, just issued County Court Claim forms, Please help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Registered Keeper but not driver, just issued County Court Claim forms, Please help!

County court claim form came through today for parking fines, the car is registered to me but driven by my husband, he deals with all mail/ bills etc and was advised on another forum to ignore these as they "Never take you to court!!" it is from UK car park management ltd, through Gladstones solicitors. The dates of offences say 30/04/2018 and then 09/052018 three times, how can you get a ticket 3 x on the same day?
    How do I reply? Issue date 17 July.
    Any help very gratefully received.
    Tags: None

The advice since 2012 has not been ignore. Do you have copies of the PCNs that were originally sent?

yes they can claim 3 times, they make their own rules. The amount should possibly give a hint

They are not fines, they are mere invoices.

Comment

No copies of PCNs I'm afraid, total is ridiculous, £867 inc all costs!!
      Can you please help any further?
      Many Thanks

Comment

The most important thing atm is to acknowledge any court claim.
        See link - https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...ledge-a-claim/
        Once that is done we can start on the next steps.

Btw, is this 3x or 4x PCNs in one claim, or is it multiple court claims?
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
        gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Hi,
          Thanks for your response, it says driver parked in breach of terms of parking stipulated on signage on 30/04/18, 09/05/18, 09/05/18, 09/05/18 thus incurring the PCNs. the driver of the vehicle agreed to pay the PCNs within 28 days and failed to do so.
          Claimant claims £100 per PCN, £60 per PCN contractual costs and statutory interest of £57.19 TOTAL £827.19.
          I am filing acknowledgement of service today as I go on holiday tomorrow for 2 weeks.
          Will have to prepare defence on my return so any help very gratefully received.
          Many Thanks once again

Comment

Your defence is due latest Mon 19th August, so not much time on your return from holiday to get things done.
            CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
            Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
            gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
            The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Ok need to get this sent in, the car is registered in my name but is insured and driven by my husband, I have another car in my name, insured and driven by me. My husband said him and my son had parked there for years at England games and always paid £20 to a guy in a high viz jacket with no problems, when tottenham were playing at wembley last year he parked there (no one to pay) with no problems, then got a ticket which he ignored as thought it was a scam. we had a few letters then nothing for ages, finally the court letter, any advice on how i state my defence? Do I just pass on all my husbands details as defence or put his case?
              Would really appreciate any advice

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
              X