• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Claim form from Lowell - Please advise

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claim form from Lowell - Please advise

Hi all, I have no idea what to do next. I maybe able to get an affadavit from a housemate that I left on said date, but they claim on the recording of the call they advised me to call back another time re: cancellation. I do not recall this.

Any help greatly appreciated, thank you!

Received a claim? Yes
    Issue Date: 27/06/19
    Have you Acknowledged the Claim?: No
    Total Amount Claimed : 300

Claimant’s Name: Lowell
    Solicitors Firm: Lowell
    Original Creditor: Talk Talk
    Original Debt (eg. Credit card/Loan/Overdraft) : Broadband
    Particulars of Claim: I gave 1 month verbal notice that I was vacating my property, they continued to bill for several months. Property was empty (ie no usage) after I left. Landlord vanished. They say I was told to call back because systems were down, I do not recall that. Lowell bought the debt.
    Is the debt Statute Barred (have you had any contact with the creditor or claimant over the last 6 years?): No
    List any letters you have sent (eg: CCA/ CPR ): None
    Any Other Information or Background Details: None
    Tags: None

How long was the contract for? When did you agree the contract? & when did you leave?

Anyway, so long as you gave notice it doesn't matter if their IT systems were down if you weren't in contract that is.

Comment

Originally posted by caynick View Post
      Hi all, I have no idea what to do next. I maybe able to get an affadavit from a housemate that I left on said date, but they claim on the recording of the call they advised me to call back another time re: cancellation. I do not recall this.

Any help greatly appreciated, thank you!

Received a claim? Yes
      Issue Date: 27/06/19
      Have you Acknowledged the Claim?: No
      Total Amount Claimed : 300

Claimant’s Name: Lowell
      Solicitors Firm: Lowell
      Original Creditor: Talk Talk
      Original Debt (eg. Credit card/Loan/Overdraft) : Broadband
      Particulars of Claim: I gave 1 month verbal notice that I was vacating my property, they continued to bill for several months. Property was empty (ie no usage) after I left. Landlord vanished. They say I was told to call back because systems were down, I do not recall that. Lowell bought the debt.
      Is the debt Statute Barred (have you had any contact with the creditor or claimant over the last 6 years?): No
      List any letters you have sent (eg: CCA/ CPR ): None
      Any Other Information or Background Details: None
      Hello and sorry for the delay I didn't get the notification!

Thank you for your reply.

Original contract was 1 year, just kept renewing
      Agreed in 2012
      Gave notice November 2015 left December

Comment

Originally posted by GBExile View Post
        How long was the contract for? When did you agree the contract? & when did you leave?

Anyway, so long as you gave notice it doesn't matter if their IT systems were down if you weren't in contract that is.
        Hello and sorry for the delay I didn't get the notification!

Thank you for your reply.

Original contract was 1 year, just kept renewing
        Agreed in 2012
        Gave notice November 2015 left December

Comment

Talk Talk just called me and apologised, they are buying the debt back! Plus removing negative credit markers.

3 years of aggro at last it's over! thank you!

Comment

What happened with the court claim? Did you find your acknowledgement of service?
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
            X