• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum. Please register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
  • LegalBeagles® is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Claim form from vehicle control services

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Claim form from vehicle control services

    Hi there, i am hoping someone will be able to point me in the right direction.

    My father had a parking fine from the company stated above, i told him to ignore it as most private company's don't bother taking you to court (stupid i know)

    We have received a letter issued on the 12th of June which seems to be a claim form issued through the company via the County court business center NN1 2LH.

    The form has 4 pages printed front and back and includes an admission form, a defence and counterclaim form and a response pack as well as the page with information about amount claimed and my password for www.moneyclaim.gov.uk.

    Ideally we would like to pay nothing, but we would be happy just paying the original amount. From what i have read about this company they dont seem like the kind of business i would be happy forking £160 over too.

    What is my best course of action?
    Should i admit to the debt and pay it? if so how would i go about this?
    Should i ask to pay the original amount of the debt?
    Is there anything i can do to make it too much work for the company so they stop pursuing me?

    Also the letter does not seem legit, the stamp just says county court and the coat of arms says nothing, there are no signatures on the document, is there anything i have to do regarding this form? what will happen if i just ignore it?

    Thank you so much for your time.
    Tags: None

  • #2
    Yep, that sounds like the not very impressive claim form from Northampton.

    First thing to do is to acknowledge the claim using the details and password on the form. Do not put anything in the defence. This gives you 33 days from the date of issue to get the defence into the court.

    You could make an offer for the original sum but doubt if they would accept. If you do make an offer then head the letter "Without Prejudice "

    So what do the Particulars of Claim say, suitably redacted?

    have you got the original PCN?

    What does the £160 consist of, have they sneaked in another £60 for other costs?


    View our Terms and Conditions

    LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

    If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

    If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.


    1 of 2 < >


    Pre-Action Letters
    First Steps
    Check dates
    Acknowledge Claim
    CCA Request
    CPR 31.14 Request
    Subject Access Request Letter
    Example Defence
    Set Aside Application
    Witness Statements
    Directions Questionnaire

    If you received a court claim and would like some help and support dealing with it, please read the first steps and make a new thread in the forum with as much information as you can.

    NOTE: If you receive a court claim note these dates in your calendar ...
    Acknowledge Claim - within 14 days from Service

    Defend Claim - within 28 days from Service (IF you acknowledged in time)

    If you fail to Acknowledge the claim you may have a default judgment awarded against you, likewise, if you fail to enter your defence within 28 days from Service.

    We now feature a number of specialist consumer credit debt solicitors on our sister site, JustBeagle.com
    If your case is over £10,000 or particularly complex it may be worth a chat with a solicitor, often they will be able to help on a fixed fee or CFA (no win, no fee) basis.
    2 of 2 < >

    Need Formal Help?

    Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

    Find a Law Firm

    See more
    See less

    Court Claim ?

    Guides and Letters

    Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

    Find a Law Firm