• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum. Please register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
  • LegalBeagles® is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCJ (County Court Judgement) Set Aside Advice

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • CCJ (County Court Judgement) Set Aside Advice

    Dear all,

    Have (what i hope is a straightforward question.

    I received a CCJ in 2014 and it is blocking me from getting a mortgage. Belo details:

    - CCJ was for 371GBP for a defaulted CapitalOne card account and the debt had been passed on to Lowell
    - The correspondence was sent to an address that i had not lived at since 2010...
    - Despite CapitalOne sending statements to my new address (so no idea why the CCJ was sent to an old one)
    - I have satisfied the CCJ in full a few months ago because i thought it would help with my getting a mortgage, but i need the CCJ set aside from my credit reports regardless.
    - Lowell has potentially agreed to sign a Consent Order.

    My question is if they sign a Consent Order (i am yet to draft it and not sure what it should read like), do I still need to send in an N244?

    N.B. I just want this set aside as quickly as possible and don't mind tentatively paying a few hundred quid instead of waiting several months to have it set aside after a hearing.

    Thank you in advance!
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.


1 of 2 < >


Pre-Action Letters
First Steps
Check dates
Acknowledge Claim
CCA Request
CPR 31.14 Request
Subject Access Request Letter
Example Defence
Set Aside Application
Witness Statements
Directions Questionnaire

If you received a court claim and would like some help and support dealing with it, please read the first steps and make a new thread in the forum with as much information as you can.

NOTE: If you receive a court claim note these dates in your calendar ...
Acknowledge Claim - within 14 days from Service

Defend Claim - within 28 days from Service (IF you acknowledged in time)

If you fail to Acknowledge the claim you may have a default judgment awarded against you, likewise, if you fail to enter your defence within 28 days from Service.

We now feature a number of specialist consumer credit debt solicitors on our sister site, JustBeagle.com
If your case is over £10,000 or particularly complex it may be worth a chat with a solicitor, often they will be able to help on a fixed fee or CFA (no win, no fee) basis.
2 of 2 < >

Need Formal Help?

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm