• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed

Hi Please can someone help me I don't know what to do
    i received a attachment of earnings from my local court today in my maiden name I called the court to ask what it was regarding as all it states is claimant lowell portfolio on it. I then called lowell and they advised it was an outstanding debt from a company called shop direct and I had defaulted on a ccj which was issued in 2015. This is the 1st I have seen of it I married in 2012 and used married surname from then they are saying the amount is charges and a debt so I asked lowell to tell me where ccj was issued or anything and she said that she didn't have any information and to call the court back. I have called the court back and she has told me I could file a n244 form but it will cost me unless s I am in receipt of low income I can't afford to pay for the form I am in full time employment but I don't have spare money, is there anything I can do to get some info I don't know what to do.. if I had a ccj to pay it would of been paid I don't know what to do
    Tags: None

Hi Chell & welcome to LB.

It could be that the court claim was sent to an old address & Lowells have obtained a default judgment.
    If so, strange that they can now trace you at your current address.

Phone the court & ask for info on how the CCJ was given, & what name/address was on the N1 court claim form.

I'll give our Amethyst a nudge for her input.
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

i am seeing this sort of thing from lowell more and more recently !!! issuing claims at old addresses, in wrong names , wrong debts etc etc

just helped 2 people set aside a lowell judgement for just this ! the claim was re opened and lowell have discontinued on one of them

the 2nd lowell simply lied to the court from day one and have been caught out, recently had a letter reducing CCJ amount to £0 and account closed, but debtor is not happy and has raised a complaint through both FOS and FCA. with evidence

are lowells that desperate ?

I agree that you should contact the court and request a copy of the claim form and explain to the court you have never received any communication regarding this CCJ.

Comment

Originally posted by chareosS View Post
        i am seeing this sort of thing from lowell more and more recently !!! issuing claims at old addresses, in wrong names , wrong debts etc etc

just helped 2 people set aside a lowell judgement for just this ! the claim was re opened and lowell have discontinued on one of them

the 2nd lowell simply lied to the court from day one and have been caught out, recently had a letter reducing CCJ amount to £0 and account closed, but debtor is not happy and has raised a complaint through both FOS and FCA. with evidence

are lowells that desperate ?

I agree that you should contact the court and request a copy of the claim form and explain to the court you have never received any communication regarding this CCJ.
        Hi ChareosS

You think Lowell are bad?

You should see the antics of private parking co's!

CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
        gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Thanks for the reply I've spoke to court and they advised me to complete the n422 form only problem I have is I can't afford to pay the coat of submitting the form I don't know what to do

Comment

Could you be eligible for fee remission ? https://www.gov.uk/government/public...-tribunal-fees

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Ahh probably not as you are in full time employment - in any case first step would be to write to Lowell asking them to consent to set aside - if they consent the application would be £100 rather than £255. When do you need to respond to the AoE letter by ?

I would also send a SAR off to Shop Direct ( probably and to Lowell ) https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...ccess-request/

Any idea at all what the original debt was - if it is yours then it must have been opened before 2012 - possibly a Very/ISME/littlewoods catalogue account ?
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
              X