• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Ex-Employer has issued a claim against me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ex-Employer has issued a claim against me

Long story short, I resigned from my job last June after being accused of gross misconduct relating to misuse of the business credit card and Amazon account - I have disputed the total amount they are claiming and sent them a cheque in December offering an amount in settlement for the value of the items that I ordered on their account in error they didn't cash the cheque and heard nothing else from them until Friday 8th March where I received a claim form from the small claims court completed via Money Claims Online.

I'm happy to admit to the amount I agree to and am going to dispute the rest but are they supposed to follows the same pre-action protocols as its a matter between a company and ex-employee or do different rules apply
    Tags: None

They are supposed to comply with the protocols.

For now, you need to acknowledge service. Follow the guidance here - https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...ledge-a-claim/

As noted in the guidance, select the option to defend all of the claim, and then you can decide to alter that later.

Also, post up the claim form that you have received, after removing any identifiable information. Guide here - https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...-and-documents

Whatever other advice you receive, you will likely be sending a CPR 31.14 request for any documents mentioned in the claim, and also an SAR request.

Have a read here, and also search other threads to familiarise yourself, while awaiting for further advice.

https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...-of-documents/

https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...ccess-request/

Comment

Did you keep a copy of the letter you sent them with the offer and the cheque ?
      Could you type out the particulars of claim from the claim form please too.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I'll sort out the paperwork when I get home this evening

Comment

Here is a copy of my letter to them dated 18th December which I haven't received a reply to Chambers letter redacted.pdf

Comment

The form they sent me was a standard claim form this is what is in the particulars of claim box POC.png

Comment

The £1000 cheque you sent hasn't been cashed so you should cancel it - once you've obtained information from
              the claimant you can make an admission and offer to pay that same £1000 alongside your defence of the remaining £4k odd of their claim - but for now just acknowledge with intent to defend in full.

So CPR part 18 and 31.14 requests need drafting and sending. Presumably you have print outs now of the amazon accounts to compare against their list ( when they send it).
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

They sent the printouts to me before christmas - that's when I went through it and offered them the £1K

Comment

I have gone online and completed the acknowledgment of service

Comment

If I part admit the claim but they have not cashed the cheque do I say I have already paid it or do I say answer No to that question

Comment

Also do I put my husband who doesn't work down as a dependant

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                      X