• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court ordered costs in my favor but it's still in appeal process for more than a Year

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Court ordered costs in my favor but it's still in appeal process for more than a Year

Hi All

I hope someone could guide me to get my costs which court order was in my favor but Claimant appeal and still in appeal process for more than a year now.

The issue started after one of private parking company took me to court but they didn't pay court fees so Claim struck out and the court listed a hearing for my costs in October 2017. Claimant didn't attend the hearing and the court ordered Claimant to pay my costs. Claimant tried to set aside the court order but his application dismissed as well. So Claimant appealed the set aside dismissed court order and the case transferred to London Court and of course I replied to that appeal application points.

London court stayed any action against Claimant and asked Claimant to provide the transcript of set aside hearing by April 2018 along with Skeleton argument. Claimant asked for extension of time and Court agreed for that after 3 months and gave him dead date after a month to comply with the court order, so he got 4 months extension. Claimant missed the dead date and sent another request for time extension to court after the dead date and at that time I sent to court requesting to refuse Claimant's second time extension request and asked to refuse Claimant's permission to appeal explaining that Claimant intention to waste Court and my time.

From August 2018 up to now I heard nothing from the court and I was calling the London court office every month and they said the case with the judge and waiting for his instruction. Also the London court office confirmed they didn't receive any transcript or skeleton argument from Claimant and last thing they received is my letter for refusing Claimant's second time extension request.

So could someone help me for what I have to do so the court make decision in my favor or at least do something.

Regards
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X