• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Northampton court from Asset Link

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northampton court from Asset Link

Hi, I've received a letter from Northampton Court today about a debt from Asset Link Capital. I'm extremely worried as a CCJ could result in me losing my job.

Received a claim? Yes/No:
    Yes

Issue Date:23rdNovember 2018

Have you Acknowledged the Claim?:No

Total Amount Claimed: £1600

Claimant’s Name:Asset Link Capital

Solicitors Firm:Kearns Solicitors

Original Creditor:Newday LTD

Original Debt (eg. Credit card/Loan/Overdraft) : Store Card

Particulars of Claim: The claimant claims the whole of the outstanding balance due and payable under an agreement referenced XXXX and opened effective from 14/03/2013. The agreement is regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974, which was signed by the Defendant and from which credit was extended to the defendant. The defendant failed to make payment as required and by 26/06/2018 a default was recorded. As at 09/07/2018 the defendant owed NewDay XXXX. By an agreement in writing the benefit of the debt was legally assigned to the claimant effective 09/07/2018 and made regular upon the claimant serving a Notice of Assignment upon the defendant shortly thereafter. And the claimant claims XXX Interest pursuant to Section 69 County Court Act (1984) at a rate of 8% per anum from XXX to XX. And therefore at a daily rate of 28 to date of judgement or sooner payment.

Is the debt Statute Barred (have you had any contact with the creditor or claimant over the last 6 years?): No it is not statue barred.

List any letters you have sent (eg: CCA/ CPR ): None

Any Other Information or Background Details:This is a store card that I applied for instore shortly after turning 18. Originally the credit was underwritten by Santander but since then NewDay has bought them out.
    Last edited by nigrub; 30th November 2018, 21:03:PM.
    Tags: None

Hi,

Okay, you're not guaranteed to get a judgment against you just because they have issued a claim.... so you should get them to evidence their case ( which being an in store application they may find difficult - do they get you complete a form or is it an online type application? and how do you sign anything? ) …. but while you do that be prepared to negotiate an out of court settlement ( Installment under a Tomlin / Consent Order - if need be ) to protect your job.

1st thing is to Acknowledge Claim with intent to defend in full. This is not binding but it does give you 28 days from service instead of 14 to work out what to do.

2nd send a
    Subject Access Request Letter to Newday - there may have been PPI on the card, and the rest of the SAR will be useful further down the line - and you'll have a good idea if the relevant documents are available.

3rd - CCA Request
    to Asset Link

CPR 31.14 Request
    to Kearns

Your Defence will be due in at Christmas - so make a BIG NOTE somewhere so you don't forget. Do it early if need be to be sure.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thank you.

I'll acknowledge the claim first thing in the morning & get those letters ready to be sent on Monday. I've added reminders on my calendar as well.

If I remember correctly the application was done via their POS terminals, however the agreement was all signed via paper

Comment

Follow the normal stuff people post but then write to Kearns Solicitors & ask them the exact company name & registration number of their client "Asset Link Capital"

Because on companies house website we have: ASSET LINK CAPITAL (HOLDINGS) LIMITED

ASSET LINK CAPITAL (NO. 5) LIMITED

ASSET LINK CAPITAL (NO.1) LTD

ASSET LINK CAPITAL (NO 3) LIMITED

ASSET LINK CAPITAL (NO 2) LIMITED

ASSET LINK CAPITAL 3 (HOLDINGS) LIMITED

ASSET LINK CAPITAL 2 (HOLDINGS) LIMITED

That will wind them up...

Also they are all expired on the fca website https://register.fca.org.uk/shpo_sea...=3wq1nht7eg7tr

Comment

It should have the full name of the Claimant on the claim... is it No 5? I believe they come under Link Financial now... but will check. ( hmm doesn't seem to - https://register.fca.org.uk/ShPo_Fir...000000NMgbkAAD nor https://register.fca.org.uk/ShPo_Fir...X000044Dot7QAC ) Might be worth enquiring with the FCA if the claimant is authorised.
          Actually - did they write to you before issuing the claim ? and does their letter have their FCA reg on?
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Apologies, the full claimant is ASSET LINK CAPITAL (NO5) LIMITED.

Hopefully thats good news that they're lapsed on the FCA?

Comment

Originally posted by nigrub View Post
              Thank you.

I'll acknowledge the claim first thing in the morning & get those letters ready to be sent on Monday. I've added reminders on my calendar as well.

If I remember correctly the application was done via their POS terminals, however the agreement was all signed via paper
              Ace They will need the copy of the paper agreement really, although they can provide a recon of the terms, the details need to be correct.
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Apologies, the full claimant is ASSET LINK CAPITAL (NO5) LIMITED
                Interesting maybe GB has hit on something there.... see if you have any letters from them with an FCA ref on ( usually it'd be in the footer )

GB - the co house accounts might be of interest for Nov 17 and Nov 16.
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

I'll have a look around tomorrow, but I have a terrible feeling I put it in the bin

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post

GB - the co house accounts might be of interest for Nov 17 and Nov 16.
                    Which company ? No5 has no updates on those dates.

Comment

I don't blame you tbh, have a quick look because it'd be good to know which one they are using, but don't stress about it, we'll figure it out, and they are likely covered by Link Financial - there's some court stuff happening at the moment with regarding SPV's ( Asset Link ) using their 'parent's' FCA authorisation... all a little uncertain at the moment, so unlikely to affect you directly.
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by GBExile View Post

Which company ? No5 has no updates on those dates.
                        03 Apr 2018 Full accounts made up to 30 November 2017 View PDF Full accounts made up to 30 November 2017 - link opens in a new window - 16 pages (16 pages)
                        20 Jun 2017 Full accounts made up to 30 November 2016 View PDF Full accounts made up to 30 November 2016 - link opens in a new window - 16 pages (16 pages)
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

I'll have a look around tomorrow, but I have a terrible feeling I put it in the bin
                          In the bin is probably where it deserves to be.

Come on. Do your best. People on here to help (not me in a legal capacity but blow me it is interesting how much money these guys make bypassing the law)

They win by default in most occasions because people just ignore it. If someone fights the majority of times they win

Comment

The claimant claims the whole of the outstanding balance due and payable under an agreement referenced XXXX and opened effective from 14/03/2013. The agreement is regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974, which was signed by the Defendant and from which credit was extended to the defendant. The defendant failed to make payment as required and by 26/06/2018 a default was recorded. As at 09/07/2018 the defendant owed NewDay XXXX. By an agreement in writing the benefit of the debt was legally assigned to the claimant effective 09/07/2018 and made regular upon the claimant serving a Notice of Assignment upon the defendant shortly thereafter. And the claimant claims XXX Interest pursuant to Section 69 County Court Act (1984) at a rate of 8% per anum from XXX to XX. And therefore at a daily rate of 28 to date of judgement or sooner payment.
                            In your CPR 31.14 request to Kearns ask for

1: Signed Agreement
                            2: Agreement in Writing assigning debt to Claimant
                            3: Notice of Assignment
                            4: Notice of Default

( also just notice this only Defaulted in June 2018 ? - blimey that's quick work to come to court - usually takes them a couple years to get around to it - do you think the letter you binned was a letter before action/letter of claim (with an IE sheet and reply form attached )? They have to give 30 days for you to respond to that so that only takes them back to mid October … weirdly fast )
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post

( also just notice this only Defaulted in June 2018 ? - blimey that's quick work to come to court - usually takes them a couple years to get around to it - do you think the letter you binned was a letter before action/letter of claim (with an IE sheet and reply form attached )? They have to give 30 days for you to respond to that so that only takes them back to mid October … weirdly fast )
                              Yeah the letter would be the letter before action. I live with my parents and I didn't want them to find out about my situation. I'm currently dealing with Stepchange and going onto a DMP in the new year. I know I should've responded to that letter link set but I've had so much going on personally & professionally it just slipped my mind.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X