• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Northampton court from Asset Link

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
    Mambo Asset Link Capital Number 5
    I thought you meant 2018.

Dormant company accounts. Never traded.

Just a sleeping company that some might say was launched for avoidance this year. ? Pretty sure a judge would ask a few questions if supplied with all the "asset link capital" companies.

Full accounts were £0 up until Nov 2017 filed in 2018.

PS: Money goes back to Eire unless you can trace if further? Maybe Gibraltar or Cayman after that?

Comment

Originally posted by nigrub View Post
      I know I should've responded to that letter link set but I've had so much going on personally & professionally it just slipped my mind.
      Move on.

No talking to them, no texting, no emails, no nothing other than follow the advise on here. Get the letters done as advised by Amethyst & you can probably forget about it over Christmas.

When you get a response or a letter from court then come back here. OPEN all your post.

Comment

Originally posted by GBExile View Post

Move on.

No talking to them, no texting, no emails, no nothing other than follow the advise on here. Get the letters done as advised by Amethyst & you can probably forget about it over Christmas.

When you get a response or a letter from court then come back here. OPEN all your post.
        Thank you & I will do

Comment

Thank you & I will do
          They are certainly not regulated under the FCA at the moment & certainly were not when they bought the debt. That is a plus on your side.

Comment

Chuckling @ Mambo No 5 now GBExile
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Yeah the letter would be the letter before action. I live with my parents and I didn't want them to find out about my situation. I'm currently dealing with Stepchange and going onto a DMP in the new year. I know I should've responded to that letter link set but I've had so much going on personally & professionally it just slipped my mind.
              It's fine, don't worry... your parents probably will find out at some point - they've probably had debt problems of their own and might be a comfort. Good re Stepchange - they'll get you a useful breathing space while you get sorted xxx
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Chuckling @ Mambo No 5 now GBExile
                Or Daft Punk... "Get Lucky"

Do you not think all of these "clever" people have a right laugh about strategies to get ever penny they can? They probably have a monday meeting & get rewards if they can make someone cry. Extra tenner for tears.

Comment

Some companies, yes, more the smaller fly by night outfits though not the decent big companies ( like Lowell, Cabot etc) which are actually making efforts to improve and have finally realised they get more back for their investment if they treat debtors like customers and human beings rather than, well, dog poo. I don't actually know much about how Link/Asset behave as we don't see very many cases brought by them on here so we shall reserve judgement.
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

Some companies, yes, more the smaller fly by night outfits though not the decent big companies ( like Lowell, Cabot etc) which are actually making efforts to improve and have finally realised they get more back for their investment if they treat debtors like customers and human beings rather than, well, dog poo. I don't actually know much about how Link/Asset behave as we don't see very many cases brought by them on here so we shall reserve judgement.
                    Pure con & tax right off. I reserve the right to be absolutely correct.

Smaller companies are more likely to collect by intimidation. Food chain.

These guys are the loan sharks of personal debt.
                    Last edited by GBExile; 1st December 2018, 00:24:AM.

Comment

I'm correct in saying because there was no mention of a formal demand I'm not putting that on the CPR 31.14?

I'm asking for; an agreement, default notice and an assignment?

Comment

Yes xxx

Agreement
                        Default Notice
                        Notice of Assignment
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

Great, I've acknowledged the claim & letters are being sent tomorrow. As soon as I get anything back I'll put it here

Comment

Nice one. And also if you don't hear anything remember the date by which you need to file the defence.

Also ( again ) if they reply to say ' we haven't got the docs but we're asking for them - your account is on hold ' remember you still need to file a defence in time as the court case isn't on hold.
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

My defence is due by the 21st of December, so I was going to send my defence via recorded delivery on the 18th to give a bit of leeway for Christmas post.

Comment

Received a letter today from Kearns Solicitors

"We write in relation to the above and further to receipt of your correspondence dated 3rd December 2018.

We note from review of our file in this matter that our client has received no response from you in regards to its efforts to enter dialogue in respect of the debt subject of this claim and that we received no response from you to the Letter Before Claim which, being sent in compliance with the Debt Pre Action Protocol provided you with a n opportunity to request any documentation prior to issue of proceedings.

It is disappointing therefore that you appear to have awaited litigation before engaging with our client, or our office, and making a request for documentation via a generic template. Nonetheless, we have requested the documentation disclosed in the particulars of claim from our client and will forward the same on receipt.

We confirm that, in the interim no action will be taken and that a defence will be required 14 days after service of our further written reply providing the disclosed documentation"

Do I need to respond to this letter? Also, my defence is still due in by the 21st of December correct?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X