• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hi-Voluntary Termination Collection Failed Advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi-Voluntary Termination Collection Failed Advice

Hi

New the forums here so please be kind and sorry if i don't need to post the full story here

Just after some help

BCA came to collect my mini countryman today but refused to take the vehicle because their tyre gauge said the tyre tread on one wheel was at 1.2mm. I had a service at Mini on 21st September where they measured the tread at 1.7mm, and i've done 111 miles since the service. I also had an mot on it early september and the tyres didn't even come up as an advisory (which i think is a very bad oversight on their part)

Due to them refusing to collect the car i now have to stump up £100 for a new tyre, £50 for extra insurance, and i think around £100 for them to revisit to collect the car. Also the guy who did the inspection and found minimal other chargeable damage but he said they might do another inspection when they come back Thursday! (the car is going to sit on the drive and not be used until then)

I have sent an email to mini financial services along with the service report from mini saying i'm not happy with what has gone on today and that I expect to have my costs covered, but do i have any rights to do so and who should i claim off? Mini for not providing me with an accurate tyre read or BCA for their digital reader being inaccurate? When i have my tyre replaced tomorrow i have asked the tyre company to also thoroughly measure the tyre and let me know what readings they also get to hopefully be able to back up mini's report.

Any thoughts/help or past experience with this would be greatly appreciated
    Tags: None

I doubt you'll have any rights to recover your money.

I am curious why you decided to go out and pay all of that money to get everything fixed and then decided to complain about it afterwards. Why didn't you double check the tyre gauge and secondly if you doubted him, you could have popped along to Halfords or equivalent and buy yourself a tyre gauge, or even use the good old 20p coin trick to check if what they were saying is accurate.

I understand you've only done 111 miles since the service but it's what counts on the day and if you were dubious about the accuracy of his marking then you should have challenged him.

Then again, these are things that you could have checked yourself prior to BCA coming to collect the vehicle. If you chose not to, then I'm afraid you only have yourself to blame. If you want to look to recover the money you've spent then I wish you good luck but I would hazard a guess that Mini are unlikely to give in that easily and you may have to take it all the way if you wanted a chance of getting your money back, that's assuming the tyre company backs up your story.
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X