• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Voluntary termination

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi again R0b My credit rating has gone down but I believe that is due to the new car I have, it doesnt say anything about vt, default or late payment but it does say RCI Loan ? A bit confused as the old aggreement was payed off in full when the car went back by RCI now they seem to of added this without my concent? can they do this and they still are yet to reply to me through all the templates and complaints I sent to them via recorded post and email

Comment

Hi again R0b it doesnt say anything about it being a vt, defult or late payment it just says RCI loan?

Comment

Can you post up a screenshot of what it looks like? Strictly speaking any marker that says anything other than VT and closed account would be inaccurately recorded.

That said if it hasnt affected your rating then I wonder whether it is worth pursuing, though it might have an effect on you over the next 6 years for one reason or another until it drops off or worst case scenario, it might somehow stay on there forever?

If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
        LEGAL DISCLAIMER
        Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Hi R0b here’s the screen shots I’ve looked through every section on the credit score and it doesn’t say anywhere what this is for
          Attached Files

Comment

What about the markers for each month does it show anywhere on there as VT? What about the status of the account does that mention closed, active or delinquent?

Have you checked to see if that amount is included in the overall credit loaned to you on your credit report?

Also, which credit agency are you using? Have you tried to see if there is anything different on Experian, Noddle etc.?
            If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
            - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
            LEGAL DISCLAIMER
            Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Hi R0b that was using clear score, I signed upto experian and still it doesnt say any markers on there but it does say about the vt for the car being done. There is no information on this money they have put on there and still I have had no corrispondance from rci

Comment

I'm afraid I've never used ClearScore before but I'm still confused about there not being any markers at all from RCI - are you absolutely sure you have no monthly markers that are showing as I would be very surprised RCI failed to put any markers down on your credit file each month during the period you've had your agreement, especially if you've paid the month on time yas you'll have a green marker on the account.

If you can, it would be helpful to screenshot your Experian account for RCI as I know that definitely shows the information I'm asking for. But if it doesnt then I can only assume RCi
                I have done everything g correctly except for markingmyour account with an outstanding balance.

Rightly or wrongly that's something you would need to challenge or just accept and move on praying it doesnt affect you in the future, though itll stay on for the next 6 years.
                LEGAL DISCLAIMER

Comment

Hi R0b, so I looked into the experian account and I was unable to find the money they were trying to charge me on there anymore. I then logged back onto my clearscore account and it is no longer on there either (above screen shots). Not sure what to think of this now as still I have had zero correspondence with RCI. The experian account does say that the agreement was ended via means of vt.

Comment

I don't know, it seems unexplained to me but if it's gone it's gone, that's all that matters. I would make sure to get a print out of your credit reports in case RCI somehow decide to change their minds further down the line, or they might sell the alleged debt to a debt purchaser and you have to go through the process all over again.
                    LEGAL DISCLAIMER

Comment

Hi R0b, I'm not sure whats going on here so as I said yesterday the experian and clearscore no longer have a debt on there from RCI but when I checked the clearscore app on my mobile phone there is?? So I've just gone back onto experian and there is nothing on there but the settled car has a vt marker on it and when you click this it says it has been settled under section 99 so I dont have a clue whats going on and still no contact from rci

Comment

Hi R0b just an update for you so after six weeks of sending rci the complaint I have recieved back their decision they have knocked off about £200ish from the bill they sent me also stating that I wasnt at the half way point which is why they put on £300 vt shortfall. I find this hard to believe and will be checking on what I have paid as they did tell me on the phone that I was already past this. They have said I can now take this ombudsman which I plan on doing, do you have any templates available which I can use?

Thanks again

Comment

Hi R0b here's what RCI have sent me, any help with the ombudsman form would be greatly appreciated Thanks James

Comment

So what result are you seeking? Is it an issue with the reporting of the adverse entry on Clearscore or are you contesting the actual damages?

If your trying to reduce the damages, you find it difficult because the vehicle is brand new and the FOS will look at what is fair and reasonable. Your argument would have to be based on the fact that the BVRLA standards are strict in that they do not account for the age of the vehicle i.e. irrespective of whether the car is brand new or 5 years old, the same criteria still applies and therefore it is unreasonable to assess the vehicle on that basis.

Otherwise if you argue about the adverse entry then that is a data breach problem and your usual option is court.
                            LEGAL DISCLAIMER

Comment

Hi R0b I'm disputing the damage to the vehicle as I believe they havent taken into account that the vehicle is three years old and no fair wear and tear has been taken into concideration and the fact that Nissan Bedford told me to do a VT and there wouldn't be any charges for minor scratches. This is the main thing that is really annoying me and the fact that it seems that the company who collected the car seems to have gone over the car with a microscope as most of the dame they have picked up on you cannot even see on the photos I took the evening before the car was collected. So basicly I'm lost on what to write on the ombudsman complaint form? Any direction for this would be greatly appriciated thank you

Comment

Write exactly what you've said and you can expand on what I said above about the BVRLA standards too. As I said, since the vehicle was brand new and you've had it in your possession as the sole owner, the FOS are unlikely to side with you for various reasons but there is no harm in trying since its free of charge anyway.
                                LEGAL DISCLAIMER

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X