• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell solicitors letter of claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit file looks like they only got the debt ( or at least only started reporting it ) Jan 2015 - which is when you started those £10 payments.

And it's marked as Settled in August 2012 .... I don't know if that's the default date - is this Noddle / Clear Score etc ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Haha lol... Ok so I'll just take that paragraph out?Also just looked on my Clear Score report and this is now showing in closed accounts.

Comment

I have heard back from Lee Vodafone and he has confirmed the amount outstanding is correct and advised me to contact lowell to arrange repayments.

Comment

Anything on why there is a termination fee after the cancellation charge ? Just ' the amount is correct' ?
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

This is what I got.

Thanks for emailing us.

I've found the account this matter relates to and can confirm the following information:

It was opened in May 2011 with mobile number ending 147 being connected on 2 June. In January 2012, the number ending 997 was added.

On 4 February, you asked us to provide seperate bills for each number. This request was fulfilled and each number was billed separately from 4 February onwards.

The last payment we received was on 7 May 2012 for £40. This covered the June bill for the number ending 147 of £30.52 (inc. VAT) with the remaining £9.48 going against the July bill.

The total balance outstanding is £982.50 (inc. VAT). £164.04 of this amount relates to the number ending 147 with the remaining £818.46 relating to the number ending 997.

Comment

Is it best to write to them to make a monthly payment offer?

Comment

This bill - http://legalbeagles.info/forums/file...2&d=1532685793 - is that for the 147 or 997 account?

Did you have two accounts (one for each number ending 147 and 997 ) ? Do you recall why you asked for the bills to be separated in Feb 2012 ?

It sounds like you paid off one ( 147 ) but the 997 account continued ? Do you recall if you'd tried to close that account as well as the 147 account at the time, or were you switching from one to the other?

Without knowing whether you did have the two phones and two contracts, and whether Lowell are actually claiming on the 997 account, to know if you should sort out a settlement.
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

Well it just gets more confusing really .I completely forgot I had 2 numbers and the bill they sent has the 147 number on it... The one I sent you. I have absolutely no idea and can't remember for the life of me what happend and no idea if I paid one off.

I can't recall why I stopped paying the £10 per week it must have been I thought I'd payed this off. I really don't know what to do next with Lowell.

Comment

Well, you have written to them ( http://legalbeagles.info/forums/foru...58#post1419058 ) so I'd see what their response to that letter is. There are a number of queries that Lowell will need to clarify and show evidence of. Vodafones response doesn't seem to clarify anything other than this is more complicated than we thought it was.

If vodafone are saying there was £167 outstanding on the 147 account that doesn't correspond either with the bill sent by Lowell. The July Bill they say that £9.48 was put against was for £227 so how did that possibly leave £164 outstanding.... plus that July bill doesn't show the credit of £9.48 - which if it was paid in May and allocated across June and July it should show on the bill. It really doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

You sent a SAR to vodafone didn't you ? anything back from that or does it want chasing up ?
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

• Oh yeah completely forgot about the SAR to Vodafone and yes I got a letter saying I didn't provide identification for them to process the request... I just have so much going on with kids work etc I keep forgetting to get this sorted out!

I have only just sent that last letter to Lowell so awaiting a response from them again.

Comment

• Hi,

I received through my door today, this piece of, well tat.

No idea who these jokers are, but after some research i see there many cases of the same kind of unprofessional letter, and all for the same amount.

No answer from the number given, as i wanted to grill him a bit for some info.

Any thoughts on this or previous dealings with similar circumstances?

Don't want these clowns turning up and harassing the Mrs or kids while i am at work.

Seems i am unable to take a picture of the letter and upload it as the file size is consistently too large.

The letter reads:

" TAKE NOTICE

Further to my recent letter as you have failed to male contact me with regards to the outstanding warrant of control issued against you.

Take notice that unless the above amount is paid or arrangements to pay the above address in the next 3 working days.

Formal arrangement will be made for seizure and subsequent removal of goods from the property. They will be held for 5 days and sold at auction. "

Now, not only is it entirely incoherent with incorrect use of paragraphs and general grammar, it just seems a little off.

Nothing is laid out correctly, and it's amateur hour.

Many Thanks in advance.

Please move if this is in the wrong section

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                        X