• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

** SORTED ** Lowell vs me. Catalogue. Help please :(

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not massively happy about making the payment before the Tomlin has been signed through. There is no reason for them to rush it through today is there?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

• They put today’s date as the payment date. I signed and emailed it over to them on the 19th and they emailed me back on the 20th with their signature. It’s now at the court awaiting a judge to seal it apparently.

Comment

• Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
        email it to me then admin@legalbeagles.info
        Just emailed. Could you let me know asap what my options are?

Thanks

Comment

• Cool ta, having a look now
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

• Appreciate you looking at it. Unless you spot something bad I’m going to pay it and if they decide to try to misconstrue it then I have emails off them as proof they set up this Tomlin order and that the account would be closed once they receive the money.

Comment

• That looks fine, both parties have signed it so it is a contract regardless of whether the court accepts it. Once you have paid the other side can just discontinue so really it matters not what the judge thinks/says etc. I'd say you are fine to pay.
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

• Originally posted by Immortal View Post
                Appreciate you looking at it. Unless you spot something bad I’m going to pay it and if they decide to try to misconstrue it then I have emails off them as proof they set up this Tomlin order and that the account would be closed once they receive the money.
                Yes xxx
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

• Well it’s been paid now. Thanks for all the help.

Just wanted to say 1 thing.

Everybody has been really helpful apart from the 1 (you know who you are). For how judgemental you were and negative, I really don’t know why you are on here, or even allowed on here. You tar everybody with the same brush, obviously, and I genuinely don’t understand what kick somebody would get out of it. You presumed I was trying to get out of paying something, which is so far from the truth it’s funny. I don’t have debts, money worries or issues in life and could have paid this immediately many times over with ease. Perhaps you should learn from this and try and be a decent person in life. It works wonders. Has for me.

Thanks

Comment

• I'm sorry you had a poor experience on here, we're usually pretty easy going, and not judgmental, sometimes we have to balance that if we think someone is going down the wrong path and may end up with a poor result, so occasionally a bit of a kick up the bum helps - I think that maybe is what was going on here but it came across poorly. I have unapproved a number of posts on the thread in any case.

Anyway, you seem to have got things sorted out now so you don't have to worry about a CCJ being applied on your file. Check in a week or so that the Claimant has discontinued/withdrawn their claim as per the agreement.

Again, apologies for the bad bits, but hopefully overall we've helped you dealing with this a bit.
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

• Originally posted by Immortal View Post
                      Well it’s been paid now. Thanks for all the help.

Just wanted to say 1 thing.

Everybody has been really helpful apart from the 1 (you know who you are). For how judgemental you were and negative, I really don’t know why you are on here, or even allowed on here. You tar everybody with the same brush, obviously, and I genuinely don’t understand what kick somebody would get out of it. You presumed I was trying to get out of paying something, which is so far from the truth it’s funny. I don’t have debts, money worries or issues in life and could have paid this immediately many times over with ease. Perhaps you should learn from this and try and be a decent person in life. It works wonders. Has for me.

Thanks
                      Oh. That will be the person who told you that saying "I dont recall" to every question the Judge asks you in court will not go down well & the Judge would regard it as suspect behaviour & you didnt like it.

I am glad you paid the money you felt you owed & now its all over for you.
                      Last edited by GBExile; 9th August 2018, 18:07:PM.

Comment

• I didn't feel that inowed anything but anybody with half a brain knows that the court doesn't always do the right thing. I paid a pittance as they had to pay me costs for their cockup. I literally paid the equivalent of £42 for an alleged debt of over £800. Only a fool would not pay this to avoid the risk of getting a judge in a bad mood. I paid £42 overall to guarantee that didn't happen.

You really do have a huge chip on your shoulders and I wonder why that is? Do you think that coming on a forum like this, potentially full of peolle that do purposely avoid paying something, makes you feel better than the person you are "advising"? I suspect that is true and you know something, it's a sad way to live. Get over yourself and learn how to be positive and to offer help, not criticism. Otherwise there is no point in being here.

I paid £42 for an alleged £800+ debt (I paid £300 and they had to pay me £253 in costs fir cocking up at the hearing) and it's now over. I'm also in the process of getting the company to send me all the info of who ordered, when, IP address, delivery time, signature. Literally cannot wait to come back on here with cast iron proof that I wasn't trying to avoid a thing. It won't get my £42 back but will wipe the smile of your judgemental face for sure.

Anyway, until then, have a good day, life and try not to be so much of an ass. Doesn't make you look clever. Makes you look stupid.

Bye x

Comment

• Amethyst Thanks for all the help btw. Especially at the end. Good luck with the forum. Turfing people like the above would help with things in my opinion. Negative, offensive and laughably plain wrong in his views.

Will let you know how i get on with the request for proof of who ordered this.

Cya

Comment

• Thanks Immortal - if it helps I think you dealt with it fine and ended up with a sensible result for you. They have continually failed to provide any evidence of what was purchased and when / where it was delivered. Memories fade but equally companies cock up royally so they should be held to account - you didn't recall this so you were absolutely correct to challenge it - I look forward to hearing what it was that was ordered, and whether it is an " ahhhhhh now I remember " response or if Littlewoods records are just wrong, or something went wrong in the assignment to the DCA which attached it to you - it happens.

someone else is dealing with Vodafone atm that they couldn't have taken out as they simply weren't in the country. And someone else is dealing with a cmc commission claim for money that simply wasn't refunded ( so far as he recalls - it was £2k refund so you likely remember that...,

Anyway I hope you follow up what you find with them, and potentially the ICO and FOS for the errors. If it was yours and it's just been forgotten then that's fine too - it was 6 years ago - and sounds like just before Christmas - had they given you the correct information early on it might have jogged your memory and you could have dealt with it earlier.

GBexile - if you honestly do not recall something you are quite able to state that to the court - you should show you have done everything you can to find out - and if nothing doing - put them to proof. Perfectly legitimate.

We'll await the conclusion in any case
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                            X