• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell Solicitors Letter of claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When yiu say it has been passed to another company do you mean they are collecting on behalf of their client Lowell or do they now own the debt. The details can usually be found in the letter from debt managers

If debt managers are only managing the account , they may well bounce your cca request back saying you have to contact Lowell- that is certainly what one DCA called Moorcroft used to do

Comment

All I got is a letter from Lowells telling me they had passed it to Debt managers (services) Ltd who are one of their approved Debt collection agencies and all correspondents should be sent to them from now on. In the same envelope was a letter from Debt Managers (services) ltd offering me a 40% discount. I guess i'll send the cca request there then? Thanks. S.

Comment

Hi
        So Lowell still own it then by the sounds of it

get that CCA request off

Comment

warwick65 Ughhh more companies in the mix... do Debt Managers make clear they’re acting for Lowell in their letter ?
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
            warwick65 Ughhh more companies in the mix... do Debt Managers make clear they’re acting for Lowell in their letter ?
            As the letter says they are one of Lowell's approved 'debt collection agencies' out would seem so.

Comment

Hi again. The letter from Debt Managers (Services) ltd starts with...."As you have been advised by our client TDX Lowell your overdue account has been referred to ourselves for collection and all future contact and payments should be made directly to Debt Managers (services) ltd". It then goes on to say I can save 40% by settling up now. I'm thinking that Lowell still own this so I should send the cca request to Lowells? Thanks. S.

Comment

Seems like it. Don’t like the word client being there - could be misleading that they are solicitors .... but I’m picky. Doesn’t seem they are actually owned by Lowell although I haven’t dug very far. Anyway yes, send the cca request to Lowell as ‘creditor’ but I’d also send a letter to debt managers to say you have sent a cca request to “their client”
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

I think DCA's a;ways use the word client. Lets face it many service sector organisations use the word client like Social Workers, mental health professionals.

Surely it is only misleading if you do not pop onto the website and see who they are

Comment

Just annoying...
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by warwick65 View Post
                      many service sector organisations use the word client like Social Workers, mental health professionals.
                      . . . and hairdressers

Di

Comment

HI Dear, I just received a Letter of Claim from Lowell Solicitors on 03/06/2018, and have 30 days to send them the reply form.
                        I have 2 questions about what should I do:

1: Should I send them Reply Form attached with this Letter of Claim to Lowell Solicitors
                        AND ALSO request 77-79 CCA Request to Lowell Portfolio I Ltd both??
                        the original company name is THree mobile, regarding 385.51 balance.
                        2: But I do not have the address where I can send the 77-79 CCA Request to Lowell Portfolio I Ltd.
                        Could you help me for the address and which templet did you use for 77-79 CCA Request to Lowell please?

It is nearly deadline now, coz I saw this letter just today. I do appreciate that. my email is : tears-voice@hotmail.com

Thank you very very much!

Regards!
                        Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by smiler236 View Post
                          Hi everyone.
                          New boy here and im in a bit of a pickle. I received a "Letter of Claim" from Lowell Solicitors regarding an old Argos Store card.
                          Now, the annoying and slightly worrying thing is that up until quite recently, I had been defending this claim as I was gaining information on how to deal with it all from "getoutofdebtfree.org". Their website doesn't seem to be working anymore so im left with not much idea how to continue with this. I have previously sent Lowell three letters setting up a "Tassit agreement"? But Lowell have ignored all of that and just pressed on with this. Am I right in thinking Lowell have to provide a "Deed of Assignment"? Because I have asked for this three times and all they sent were poorly photocopied statements and nothing I was instructed to ask for. There is a Reply Form which gives me the chance to dispute the debt and give my reasons, but should I use this and what should I put? I fully intend to defend this as all im asking for is proof that they leagally own the debt and im quite happy to go to court if needs be and stand up for myself as im sick of all the letters I have received from these people.
                          Any help on this would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance. S.
                          HI Dear, I just received a Letter of Claim from Lowell Solicitors on 03/06/2018, and have 30 days to send them the reply form.

1: Should I send them Reply Form attached with this Letter of Claim to Lowell Solicitors
                          2: But I do not have the address where I can send the 77-79 CCA Request to Lowell Portfolio I Ltd.
                          Could you help me for the address and which templet did you use for 77-79 CCA Request to Lowell please?

It is nearly deadline now, coz I saw this letter just today. I do appreciate that. my email is : tears-voice@hotmail.com

​​​​​​​Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by Diana M View Post

What great news!

You responded to the Letter Before Claim by sending a CCA Request and that prevented them from issuing a claim when they discovered that they couldn't comply with your request. You've dodged a bullet

As Mike770 has said keep that letter safe, but also keep a copy of your CCA Request as evidence that you sent it.

You say you have two other debts with Lowells so consider whether it might be beneficial to send a CCA Request for either/both of those.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Di

​​​​​​​Elaine

Comment

First Steps
                              Check dates
                              Acknowledge Claim
                              CCA Request
                              CPR 31.14 Request

Comment

CPR31.14 Just ask for the items listed on claim form only at this stage. agreement = contract?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X