• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Claim Form Received - Intrum UK Finance Limited C/O Capquest Debt Recovery Limited

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello, C/O just means care off, so you may find its just for mailing purposes rather than being anything more significant, although someone may advise it is signifcant but I don't think it would be/is.

Comment

Regulated firms has to obide by the pre action protocols set by the FCA.

Comment

Here's an update on how things are progressing:

I filed my defence on 23rd August 2024, and it was officially received by the court on 27th August 2024.

I then received a letter from HM Courts & Tribunals Service, dated 27th August 2024, confirming receipt of my defence. The letter explained that a copy of my defence would be served on the claimant or their solicitors. It also mentioned that the claimant might reach out to me directly in an attempt to resolve the issue. Additionally, it stated that the claimant must notify the court within 28 days of receiving my defence, or the claim will be stayed.

On 23rd August 2024, I received a 'periodic statement' from Capquest, which stated that Capquest Debt Recovery has been appointed as an administrator by Intrum UK Finance Limited for the 'agreement' in question.

So far, I have not received any response to the CCA request I sent to Intrum UK Finance Limited or to the CPR 31.14 request that I sent to Drydens Limited.

I also submitted a Subject Access Request (SAR) to Virgin Money, and on 18th September 2024, they responded by sending me a USB stick containing recordings of phone calls between them and me. To be honest, I feel a bit uneasy about plugging a USB device into my computer, so I haven’t listened to the recordings yet.

Does it sound like everything is moving in the right direction? Is there anything else I should be doing at this stage?

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Racoon View Post
          Here's an update on how things are progressing:

I filed my defence on 23rd August 2024, and it was officially received by the court on 27th August 2024.

I then received a letter from HM Courts & Tribunals Service, dated 27th August 2024, confirming receipt of my defence. The letter explained that a copy of my defence would be served on the claimant or their solicitors. It also mentioned that the claimant might reach out to me directly in an attempt to resolve the issue. Additionally, it stated that the claimant must notify the court within 28 days of receiving my defence, or the claim will be stayed.

On 23rd August 2024, I received a 'periodic statement' from Capquest, which stated that Capquest Debt Recovery has been appointed as an administrator by Intrum UK Finance Limited for the 'agreement' in question.

So far, I have not received any response to the CCA request I sent to Intrum UK Finance Limited or to the CPR 31.14 request that I sent to Drydens Limited.

I also submitted a Subject Access Request (SAR) to Virgin Money, and on 18th September 2024, they responded by sending me a USB stick containing recordings of phone calls between them and me. To be honest, I feel a bit uneasy about plugging a USB device into my computer, so I haven’t listened to the recordings yet.

Does it sound like everything is moving in the right direction? Is there anything else I should be doing at this stage?
          O.K., neat summary, you are on top of things, update when you get more information.
          Try to listen to the recordings on the USB, see if that can aid your case.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
          X