• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Didn't receive paperwork from the court (small claims)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you very much, this is extremely clear and helpful. It is slightly surprising that I should make a complaint immediately but to be fair I was told its £303 and that's that.

I assume I make my complaint here:

https://hmcts-complaint-form-eng.for...ustice.gov.uk/

Comment

If I also want to sue the defendant for the tax that he deducted from what he did pay me (and did not pass onto to the HMRC) would it make sense to make a new claim or can I restore and amend my current claim?

Comment

you can amend it its an n244 form.

However, if you are doing that I sugest you do the £303 application, apply for restoration and apply for the change in amount as one applicatiom

Comment

So it makes sense to not make the complaint but to amend my N244 application and add the additional amount to the total claim amount.

Comment

Is it correct that I will be amending my statement of case.

Comment

Ah yes, so for question 3 on the form I'll add something along the lines of: "(2) The claimant would like to change the total claim amount from to £xxxx."

Then I will elaborate in the evidence box section.

Comment

Yeah or you might want to do a witness statement at this stage so you can write more than just hte box

Comment

Do I need to substantially elaborate the reasoning in depth for changing the claim amount? I might have enough space in the evidence box to articulate my reasoning.

Comment

You will need to provide good reason, but nothing too huge, because the reality is you will have to prove the amount at trial.

Think about when you start your claim, you just add the reason there, its the same principle.

Comment

I think I need to write more than the box provided. Is there a specific form or template for the witness statement? Can I write it on a blank page?

Comment

Yea just google about witness statement formats they're all teh same really.

Comment

I can't seem to post here

Comment

Alrighty it seems to work now.

I sent off my N244 application and witness statement over the bank holiday weekend and just received an email saying that they want me to send three copies of the application and witness statement. The Court doesn't have e-filing. It also mentions if the court doesn't have a hearing listed in the next 10 days the Court will not print them.

They didn't mention this when they called me to collect payment when I initially sent it off. This is either a generic email or they want my application to have a hearing despite me specifying that I don't want it as a hearing.

Comment

post up the email you received.

Comment

xxxxx CIVIL Court does not have e-filing.

The Court requires 3 x copies of the application and all supporting documents/exhibits. If there is NO HEARING LISTED in the next 10 days the Court will not print them.

You will need to send the same to the Court in hard copy via post/DX.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X