• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Tm legal and statute barred debt advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tm legal and statute barred debt advice

Hi
    New to the forum and first time posting here but i am looking for some advice and guidance if possible please.
    In 2018, in a bad period of my life i took out pay day loans with Lending Stream, I think there were 4 in total from January, February, March and April 2018.
    Of course, i could not afford these and fell behind with payments. I believe the last payment would have been made April 2018. I have not made any payments since then nor have I acknowledged the debt.
    I have worked hard to clear my debts but this is the last thing outstanding.
    It was bought by Perch Capital who then had ACI chasing me, who then passed it to TM Legal.
    I have had my head buried in the sand as my dad was dying, however i did make attempts to sort this matter with TM Legal.
    I believed the debt was either statute barred or was very close to becoming statute barred so used the template letter from the National Debtline requesting the evidence to prove otherwise. I sent it by Royal Mail Special Delivery on 11th April 2024. I have evidence that it was signed for by them.

TM Legal ignored this request and proceeded to a county court claim on 25th June 2024. I submitted a defence stating I believed the debt was statute barred which was recieved by them on the 26th June 2024.
    Since this there has been no update on the online court service, however i have had an email on 28th June 2024 from TM Legal stating they are confident they can provide me with evidence but they would like to offer me a 50% reduction in what they were originally claiming for and I should accept it or I may incur more court costs. I have also now started receiving calls from ACI again.
    My question is do i sit tight and await for them provide me with the evidence I have requested or is there something more I should be doing?
    Also for information, the debt in question has fallen off my credit profile and is no longer showing.

Thank You for reading
    Tags: None

I'm no expert on this but suddenly offering a 50% settlement two days after they receive your SB defence doesn't sound to me they have got the evidence!

But wait and see what the experts here advise.

Just for information Perch Capital (who bought your debt), ACI (the debt collectors who chased you for payment) and TM Legal (authorised solicitors who brought the legal proceedings) are all subsidiaries of the Perch group. They just pass it around in-house.
    All opinions expressed are based on my personal experience. I am not a lawyer and do not hold any legal qualifications.

Comment

Let them give you the evidence.

off the credit file sounds pretty SB to me

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
      X