• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Small claims tradesman with IVA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry for the delay,, JK2054. @ATTICUS
    I've only just picked up your message.
    I'm not sure how long the IVA is for, I know it started August 2019. so quite a while and have no details. The 30 days for payment is now up, I have not heard anything, which I didn't think I would.

Can you remind me. I apply to the courts for the HCEO?. Do I have to let the tradesman know?
    he has started up a limited company now.!

Comment

It is unusual for an IVA to last longer than 5 years, and many are ended early. You could sear on the Individual Insolvency Register for details of this man's case - https://www.insolvencydirect.bis.gov.uk/eiir/

How to instruct a HCEO: https://www.hceoa.org.uk/instruct-a-hceo
      Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read the Judiciary's handbook for litigants in person: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by Sotired View Post
        Sorry for the delay,, JK2054. @ATTICUS
        I've only just picked up your message.
        I'm not sure how long the IVA is for, I know it started August 2019. so quite a while and have no details. The 30 days for payment is now up, I have not heard anything, which I didn't think I would.

Can you remind me. I apply to the courts for the HCEO?. Do I have to let the tradesman know?
        he has started up a limited company now.!
        no to apply for HCE just go to https://dcbltd.com/

DCBL are best by miles

Comment

Hello again JK2054 atticus

I have telephoned the recommended HCEO. They have explained they do not touch any Iva people as waste of time/success.

I have checked the Insolvency link . The trader is still showing up , again from August 2019? The footnote is:

'Individual Voluntary Arrangements will remain visible while they are Current, and for a period of 3 months after the Secretary of State receives notice of the revocation order, full implementation or termination of the agreement'.

The Insolvency practitioner stated when i found the guy, they would not add myself to the list without a court judgement. They wouldn't tell me how long the iva is open for and a previous comment was is ut up to the trader whether I could be added?

Should I contact the iva now I have the court judgement and try or better to wait until the iva ends?. 5 years is almost up. I have read some are 6 years . The practitioner would not give me this information before, so doubt they would tell me now. Thanks

Comment

There comes a point where it's anyone's guess whether any particular way forward may lead to you getting any money back.
            Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read the Judiciary's handbook for litigants in person: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Thanks atticus . Yes I realise that, but if I put it to the IVA people, if it is possible and get addedto the list, then if the iva runs out. Can i then still chase it up myself?.hope that makes sense.

Comment

Probably not. If you submit a claim in the IVA which is accepted, you will be agreeing to be bound by the IVA, whatever the outcome is.

When did you get your judgement? Consider holding tight for 2 or 3 years after the judgement, but not as long as 6 years. The man's financial position may improve.

Comment

The judgement is July 2024. I may hold on to it then in that case. Thanks again. Appreciate all your help with this. The trader has since started up a limited company, so he probably has everything under that name now.

Comment

atticus
                    Should I send the person a reminder payment is due or anything?.I know it won't make any difference but at least he can't forget about it?

Comment

If you wish.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                      X