• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Do I defend myself in person at Civil National Business Centre, against parking fine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mayj65
    replied
    Hi,

I'm confused as to which defence would be my strongest - below are the flaws in MET's case.

Should I site all of the below as reasons why I am defending the claim - or stick to just points 1 and 2, because to site point 3 would only be relevant, had I been the driver and therefor my defence would be insufficient/unclear signage. Or is it pertinent to raise the signage issue if only to cast doubt on their case.
    - HELP PLEASE !!!!

1.They failed to meet the time limit to issue the NTK

2. On the claim form in the 'Particulars of Claim' point 4 states "The driver agreed to pay within 28 days but did not" That is frankly untrue
    and it says "D is liable as the driver or keeper"

3. The images of various signs around the car park sent to me by DCBL make no sense - The images of signs from a distance, to show positioning, do not marry up with the close up images of each sign. they're totally different. And the arial site photo, showing sign locations, is contradictory to the other images.

Look forward to your speedy reply - time is running out for my defence submission

Thank you very much for your time with this

Leave a comment:

• des8
    replied
    If they discover the identity of the driver they do not have to rely on PoFA2012 and have 6 years in which to initiate court action.
    Suggest you edit your posts so that if they read them they cannot infer the identity of the driver.

Failure to notify within the time limits should see them off!

Leave a comment:

• mayj65
    replied
    The Notice To Registered Keeper from MET Parking Services states the date of contravention as 6th July 2018 and the Date of Issue is 8th August 2018.
    So way outside the 14 day stipulation

I have never admitted to being the driver, but the pictures prove it was me driving - I'm assuming that even though they will discover I was the driver, it won't matter because the fact remains that they did not notify me within the 14 days.

Leave a comment:

• des8
    replied

1)It will end up in court, unless they withdraw the claim.
    You don't need a solicitor, and it would not be cost effective to employ one.

2)You claim they failed to notify you within 14 days of the event.
    That should be sufficient to see them off, but are you sure of your position.
    In practice that revolves round the issue date (PoFA2012 Schedule 4 sec 9 (6)
    If the NTK was issued within time but delayed in post you will need to prove that delay

3)re signage... who knows who the judge will believe.
    You can throw doubt on their "proof", but cannot show otherwise

If they have a photo of the two occupants leaving the park, does that not prove you were not the driver? or is it too indistinct?

Leave a comment:

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X