• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bristow & Suitor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunnybrazill
    started a topic Bristow & Suitor

Bristow & Suitor

I’ve just had a visit by an arrest warrant officer? He’s given me a noticed to sign saying I’ll attend court regarding council tax. He said if I didn’t sign it he has the power to call the police to arrest me until the hearing. I’ve been trying to make an agreement with them and not their ‘agents ‘and been paying a min of £50 a month direct to the council. This goes back to before and during Covid when we bad left the mortgaged property ready for sale that fell through. The house was empty for 2 years and I had asked for some sort of reduction as we can’t afford both. I deny an income form. My husband works abroad. I can’t work as I’m ill and also awaiting surgery. So do they have and rights of arrest or bringing about an arrest ? Are they using scare tactics to get me to attend and surely signing a ‘legal’ document given I was on very strong pain killers and as he noted, I looked quite dozy? He also couldn’t do anything about my husband as he’s in Denmark working. I’m not sure what to do next as I am in bed because of my back (slipped discs, DDD, lordosis, fibromyalgia, osteoarthritis, osteopenia …. The list is endless
    Tags: None

• PallasAthena
    replied
    Mandy White please start a new thread your own if you would like advice here. Posting onto some else's thread just gets confusing.

Repost and give us more details and a timeline so we can understand what has happened.

If you tell bailiffs that you are vulnerable because of your medical condition they are entitled to ask for medical evidence to confirm what you say.
    ​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• Mandy White
    replied
    Bristow and super are demanding all there Moey when I have told them several times I'm on benefits was on a payment plan and because I missed a couple off payments know are saying I'm.not able to gwt another payment plan in place bearing in mind I'm on universal credit and also vulnerable due to angina and lungs issues this company are not very helpful and want medical evidence know to prove I'm ill stressing me out big time

Leave a comment:

• echat11
    replied
    Hi Sunny

Welcome to LB

Firstly try not to stress yourself.

Email the Council and Bristow & Sutor, explain that you are a 'Vulnerable' Person, if you have 'medical evidence', email that too.

Separately lodge a complaint with Bristow & Sutor, they shouldn't ignore what you are telling them, hopefully the Council might take the debt back.

https://www.bristowsutor.co.uk/polic...laints-policy/

(If you feel comfortable complaining to the Council, do so).

Amend the following template, then email it to Bristow & Sutor and the Council.

https://www.nationaldebtline.org/sam...vulnerable-ew/

Leave a comment:

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X