• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

sold a category u car by a dealer. Simple procedure.... what are my chances?

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • sold a category u car by a dealer. Simple procedure.... what are my chances?

    I was sold a category U car in February 2023 which was not disclosed to me. I paid 12,500 for it. I have tried to part exchange it and no one is touching it. I also cannot seem to sell it privately even for 9500. The dealer is refusing to accept wrongdoing and is refusing to let the motor ombudsman deal with the case. My only option is to now make a simple procedure. What are my chances.....?
    Tags: None

  • Pezza54
    Misrepresentation includes the omission of a statement of fact that may have dissuaded a person to take a particular course of action.
    Would you have bought the car had you known it was category U?

    Leave a comment:

  • MaryS57
    Which? also have a section for personalised legal advice for a small fee, (which?legal) . We belong - their advice is excellent.

    Leave a comment:

  • Pezza54
    A dealer has to disclose to the customer that the car was an insurance write-off. A private seller does not but must disclose this if the buyer asks.
    A category u car means an insurance claim was not made but the car had not suffered structural damage.
    Provided the dealer did not tell you that the car had been involved in an accident the dealer is guilty of misrepresentation and you should have a strong claim.

    Leave a comment:

  • Stellar

    You can try 'Which' Consumer Advisor. Put into your computer the following> (without the punctuation mark)
    'complain about car dealer'. The first heading should be > www.which.co.uk. Click on it and follow the guide/instructions.
    You can also contact your local 'Citizens Advice'. You can also get advice from Trading Standards. Check with your local Council, you can get advice as well.

    Good luck

    Leave a comment:

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.



Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm