• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

After Part 8 hearings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After Part 8 hearings

I am the claimant of the case and I represent myself. It’s been a month since the part 8 hearing. I still haven’t heard from the court. During the hearing, the judge asked me to prepare a document in 28 days and said it would be allocated to small claims. I think I should wait for the court letters before submitting new documents. But I haven’t received any. I asked the court through email about the updates but no one replied to me. I don’t know what I should do now.
    Tags: None

Call the court, much faster and you will get an answer straight away.
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by R0b View Post
      Call the court, much faster and you will get an answer straight away.
      Thank you. If my case is struck out or dismissed, would I get any notice?

Comment

What do you expect from an organisation funded by this government? Efficiency?

Apart from that, if you are clear what you were to file and serve within 28 days, do it.

As to strike out, if the order stipulated that if you did not file the document within 28 days your case would be struck out, then don't fanny around. If there has been no mention of strike out so far, then I would expect you to be given notice.
        Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read the Judiciary's handbook for litigants in person: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by atticus View Post
          What do you expect from an organisation funded by this government? Efficiency?

Apart from that, if you are clear what you were to file and serve within 28 days, do it.

As to strike out, if the order stipulated that if you did not file the document within 28 days your case would be struck out, then don't fanny around. If there has been no mention of strike out so far, then I would expect you to be given notice.

Thank you for replying to me. I don’t expect efficiency but I worried that I may have missed something important. The defendant tried to strike out my case.

The judge verbally asked me to submit a document within 28 days during the hearing. But I wonder if I should wait for a written document from the court to confirm what the judge wants me to do (actually) and file it with directions questionnaires after I receive it from the court.

Comment

The hearing was held on 11 sep 2023. Court cannot find the claim form and attachment

Today I received the letter from the court by second class mail dated 4 Oct 2023 by second class.

The order by the court is dated 11 September 2023. And the order made us deliver further documents or witness statements by 4pm today at 4pm.

Please advise.

Comment

This kind of ridiculousness is becoming par for the course. File those things asap, with a letter firmly making the point about when you received the order.
              Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read the Judiciary's handbook for litigants in person: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Thank you for replying.

Sorry for the typos. I don’t mean to be rude but I was in a hurry to prepare those documents. Finally, I filed those things around 4 pm.

I am wondering if I should find a solicitor representing me and wonder if it would be better.

I doubt the invoice submitted by the defendant is fake. I can’t find that company registration number and there’s no business address. Please advise.

Comment

If you question the authenticity of a disclosed document you must do so by notice complying with CPR 32.19: https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/pr...s/part32#32.19

Comment

Originally posted by atticus View Post
                    If you question the authenticity of a disclosed document you must do so by notice complying with CPR 32.19: https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/pr...s/part32#32.19
                    Thank you. Unfortunately , 7 days has passed.

The order said, " The claim shall continue as if part 8 proceeding had not been issued."
                    Would you please advise what does this mean?

Comment

I think this means that it is now a Part 7 claim. You should comply (subject to the timing point) with all the directions contained in the court order.

Read the guide for lips - link in my signature.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                      X