• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help required with CCJ's

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help required with CCJ's

Good afternoon, I hope I can find some assistance through this forum as I have received some previously years ago.

1. I recently found out on my credit report that I have an old CCJ which is over 4/5 years of age which I did not know of. I tried to find out from the court that issued it where it was from and what it was about and received the information. I called the party concerned and asked what the CCJ was for as I could not remember dealing with them at all. They could not find the details and referred me back to the court and the court repeated the information they originally gave me and I figured that there should be another way of tackling this issue as its hindering my mortgage application processes.

2. I had an electricity bill which i found out that I had and had been paying it viastop order weekly (I have evidence to that effect) and although this was being paid the company SSE agreed with their payment department (based in south africa I gather) escalated it and it has now landed at my doorstep as a new CCJ. Primary calls to SSE have resulted in their notes stating that the customer (myself) had not agreed to a direct debit and had opted for a stop order method of payment and that was why the case has had fees added and it had become a CCJ.

What is the best way in which I can handle these two issues....am pretty stressed about the whole issue as there is limited time to sort out the mortgage issues which have been suspended.

Please Help.
    Tags: None

Check the Registry Trust website (it will cost you a small fee) as a starting point and then you can go back to court and request a copy of the claim form and associated documents which I believe may come at a cost of £10 - https://www.trustonline.org.uk/

If you have the information you need already and the party has nothing on their file, then you may want to consider making an application to set aside the default judgment on the basis that you have no knowledge of the claim or the basis for which they were entitled to the money. That will flush out from the other side whether they indeed have information about the case (most likely their legal team).

Bear in mind, if you want to go to court of this then it's not going to be a fast process unless you can get the other side to agree a consent order and submit that to the court which may take a month or two to process depending on how busy they are. Otherwise I would probably anticipate the worst-case scenario of getting a court hearing within the next 6-9 months, bonus if you get one sooner.

On a separate note, and I don't want to lay any blame on you but this is purely my personal view, there are no excuses these days for not monitoring your credit file and promptly acting on any adverse entries. There a numerous free services out there that allow you to register and gain access to your Experian, Equifax and TransUnion credit reports on a regular basis and be notified if there are changes. I would suggest you get yourself registered asap so you can ensure that this doesn't happen in the future.
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X