• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Those who have ever sued Amazon, please help ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Those who have ever sued Amazon, please help ?

I am about to sue Amazon EU Sárl in Luxembourg

Can you please show me a few defence documents from Amazon ?

I would like to see what they are basing their defence on in most of the cases...

thank you !!!!!

Why don't you concentrate on your case and not worry about others that may be different?
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by atticus View Post
      Why don't you concentrate on your case and not worry about others that may be different?
      To be honest this is a very fair point. You are right..

I just wanted to have an idea how the big Amazon is trying to build a defence in most of the cases. I would like to be prepared as much as I just can..

Comment

Still, anyone ?

Comment

Presumably their defence would be dependent on what was in your particulars of claim?

Comment

Originally posted by Manxman View Post
            Presumably their defence would be dependent on what was in your particulars of claim?
            do you have any experience with Amazon ?

Comment

Yes. They are a major online store. Usually very efficient, except when it comes to paying tax.

They are terminating their "Smile" scheme, which pays a small amount to a charity of your choice with each purchase you make.
              Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by atticus View Post
                Yes. They are a major online store. Usually very efficient, except when it comes to paying tax.

They are terminating their "Smile" scheme, which pays a small amount to a charity of your choice with each purchase you make.
                do you have any experience in suing Amazon EU Sárl (in Luxembourg) ?

What is their rate of out-of-court settlements when the claim is very well justified ?

Comment

Can I suggest that if you only want to hear from people who have experience of suing amazon in Luxembourg then it seems fairly pointless posting here at all.

If you don't want to give any details about your situation or what stage you've reached in your dispute with amazon then fair enough, but without knowing all that I think most posters here won't bother wasting their time engaging with you. I suspect that's why you've had no helpful responses in a week.

I don't quite understand your reluctance to explain the basis of your proposed(?) claim.

Comment

I was wondering if anyone was willing to share his experience with AMAZON EU SÁRL..

Comment

The success of your claim will largely come down to the particulars of claim you have drafted. If you have a valid claim and the evidence to show for it then you should have a decent chance of winning your claim. The defence you have to deal with on the fly which is why you have the right to file a reply to the defence to address anything they have raised that was not initially stated in your particulars of claim.

Amazon will instruct external lawyers to manage the defence and no doubt they will put up a robust defence but that means absolutely nothing if they don't have any evidence to show for it. Most likely if the value of the claim is low (which most claims are for Amazon purchases) then they will likely settle the case unless your taking the p in which case they may defend through to the end.

In summary, poor drafting of the particulars of your claim plus poor evidence could result in your claim being dismissed at court. I've had success against Amazon on a couple of occasions but each case is factually different so it is pretty pointless trying to learn from other experiences. Either issue a claim against them or don't - and make sure you get it right first time otherwise you could end up paying more than you are claiming to rectify the procedural issues you failed to comply with.

Finally, asking someone to share their experience of bringing a claim against Amazon is like trying to find a needle in a haystack. At some point in the future another forum user may come across this post and respond but that could be weeks, months and sometimes years.

If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
                      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                      LEGAL DISCLAIMER
                      Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by ProfBed View Post
                        I was wondering if anyone was willing to share his experience with AMAZON EU SÁRL..
                        Thank you for the response.

Do you think there's any chance that I could talk to you in private ? I would have a question or two for you regarding my case... thank you.

Comment

I don't deal with matters on here privately. This is a public forum and my responses are made available for everyone to see so that others with similar experiences can learn and understand.

As someone has already mentioned, I am not sure why there is such a need for secrecy about an issue or potential claim you have. If you're looking for secrecy but advice at the same time then I would recommend you obtain independent legal advice or seek help from a relevant charity such as Citizens Advice.

If I were to hazard a guess, we've probably heard a similar issue about Amazon you have experienced and it's just another customer so you will have to weigh up whether your issues should remain secret or if you are willing to open up, in which case more information would be needed.
                          If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
                          - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                          LEGAL DISCLAIMER
                          Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by R0b View Post
                            I don't deal with matters on here privately. This is a public forum and my responses are made available for everyone to see so that others with similar experiences can learn and understand.

As someone has already mentioned, I am not sure why there is such a need for secrecy about an issue or potential claim you have. If you're looking for secrecy but advice at the same time then I would recommend you obtain independent legal advice or seek help from a relevant charity such as Citizens Advice.

If I were to hazard a guess, we've probably heard a similar issue about Amazon you have experienced and it's just another customer so you will have to weigh up whether your issues should remain secret or if you are willing to open up, in which case more information would be needed.
                            do you think it would be possible to send me a few defence document from AMAZON EU Sárl ?

I would like to see how they defend in-general..

Comment

I don't have any of that anymore, it was several years ago and settled so I had no need for the documentation but in one case they settled before the defence was filed.
                              LEGAL DISCLAIMER

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X