• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Litigation Advice & help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Litigation Advice & help

Hello and thank you for taking the time to read my post.

My partner and I suffered considerable financial damages within 2017, due to a disreputable commercial lenders negligence. We went to several litigation solicitors at the time, to be told we had a strong case but we couldnt afford the huge fees involved to get it to the next stage. As we are fast approaching the deadline, we grow concerned that we may never get a chance to take this matter to court. As the lender made us pay considerably before they illegally took possession without court, they deliberately left us with no funds hence why we couldnt proceed. However, the soliciitor we employed at the time sought counsel for advice and were informed that they believed it was a very strong case and that the judge would be very sympathetic to the situation. We are certain it is a tight case given how the lender literally would not provide redemption statements. We are aware that there is no legal aid anymore but we are hoping someone could maybe provide some advice or assistance in this matter. We do have funds but not the level that has been previously quoted. Any advice would be hugely helpful as we feel we are just stuck in the dark. We are aware litigation can be expensive but we were hoping perhaps for an independent solicitor that could maybe agree to a more suitable payment method as opposed to the more common method of paying upfront. We have also approached direct access, again plenty keen interest but they inform us we should appoint a solicitor first. Again, thank you for your time and for any advice offered.
    Tags: None

There is an overlap with this thread: https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...ead-lines-work

I can offer no support.on the questions asked here.
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X