• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Have a mandatory default judgement set aside For Non compliance with court order

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have a mandatory default judgement set aside For Non compliance with court order

Hi I am the defendant in a county court case,
    at the first hearing for this case the claimant was ordered by the judge to produce a death certificate & the hearing was adjourned to the next available date.
    I was unable to attend the second hearing due to being denied boarding by BA due to a positive pcr test i wrote to the court explaining the reason for my non attendance & have made an application to have the judgement set aside which is due to be heard on 20th sep.
    My question relates to the validity of the recent default judgement and consequent order made against me.
    , I am still unsure if the claimant has obtained a death cert. as i have not received any update from the claimant or the court re the death certificate.
    Upon Reading the Civil Procedure Rules 1998
    "18.1—(1) The court may at any time order a party to—

(a)clarify any matter which is in dispute in the proceedings; or

(b)give additional information in relation to any such matter,

whether or not the matter is contained or referred to in a statement of case.

(2) Paragraph (1) is subject to any rule of law to the contrary.

(3) Where the court makes an order under paragraph (1), the party against whom it is made must—

(a)file his response; and

(b)serve it on the other parties,"

Does section 3 in this case apply & if so would the non compliance failure to respond/serve all parties with documents listed 3 a.b invalidate the mandatory default judgement &/or any order arising from such ?

Thanks

Rory
    Last edited by DRRAWS; 12th September 2022, 05:56:AM.
    Tags: None

duplicate.
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now in academia. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X