• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCJ Removal - Consent Order?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCJ Removal - Consent Order?

Good Afternoon,

I hope you're all well. Thanks in advance for any help.

I will try to keep details irrelevant to the case to a minimum.

I have a CCJ against me with, Lowell, from 2020.

Upon receiving a default from an account with Vodafone (£778) that I had no knowledge of. In spite of not having any knowledge of the account I decided the easiest option would be to pay. I immediately contacted them to arrange a payment plan before things could get any worse.

After estimating my expenses the Lowell employee had concluded and insisted the lowest possible amount they could take was roughly £194 per month and no lower.
    At the time, I was working part time at and was only receiving a wage of roughly £600-£750 depending on overtime. Not being any wiser, I agreed to this as I had assumed that the employee knew more than I and this payment plan would bring the account down to £0 within 4 months.

Subsequently, a month after making the first monthly payment I was assaulted by a group of drunk lads. Resulting in a multiple injuries most notably a broken jaw, which I am still suffering with to this day as the hospital failed to recognise this - causing my jaw to heal incorrectly. This had a detrimental effect on my mental health (PTSD, Depression) and my ability to work. I missed a payment of the and within a month a CCJ was issued - which had now increased to £900+.

Due to the state I was in at the time I was unaware of this and lacked the motivation to do anything about if even if I had any knowledge of it.

As soon as I became aware of the CCJ I called up and yet again set up another payment plan at roughly £50 per month. This quickly became unfeasible as I was only in receipt of UC at the time (£300 per month) so the payment was lowered to £10 a month.

Now... The account is currently at around the £400 mark. My mental health is considerably improving and I am becoming more driven to fix things on my credit report. I was just wondering of the best course of action for my circumstances. I have done some research myself but am unable to find a situation fairly identical to my own so am uncertain of what is applicable to my case. I would try and attempt to pay the CCJ as quickly as possible, but it will still be another 5 years until the CCJ is removed from my credit report.

Is this a lost cause?

I have been considering contact Lowell to explain my circumstances and why I was unable to defend my case at the time as well as seeking a Consent Order to set aside the CCJ.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X