• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Civil Case, Discrimination and Harassment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civil Case, Discrimination and Harassment

Hi folks,

I am looking for a little guidance, mainly on what "type" of solicitor I need to contact as I am not really sure!!!

Basically I am a member of a private members club, which has suspended me indefinitely for not complying with their "dress code" I have asked to see the rule, which shows me this, to which I just get told that I should know!, Upon eventually receivng the rule book, I can see that I am not breaking any rules. I have pointed out that I am the only one being disciplined when others are dressed the exact same as me, I have pointed out that the day that they suspended me there were a number of ladies, wearing exactly the same as myself, in colour and style etc, and the club have now changed to rules to make it so that I was breaking rules. Yet I'm still the only one getting harassed for this.

At this point, I don't know what my options are, however I feel that if I can engage with a solicitor, and they can sent them a letter, then they will back down, and readmit me. I live in Scotland, if that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance, and sorry if the is in the wrong thread.

Tags: None

Caution, Scots law can differ unpredictably.

Discrmination law deals with being treated differently in consequence of a protected charateristic.Nothing you say suggests such.
    They have no obligation to discipline all rule breakers.

Comment

Thanks dslippy Would the fact that the ladies are wearing exactly the same as me, allowed dto do this, yet I am not allowed not constitute discrimination? This is not a one time thing, ladies are getting treating diffrently from male members!

Comment

dslippy point is that nothing you say suggests discrimination that is not lawful, i.e. discrimination by reason of a "protected characteristic" as defined in the Equality Act 2010.

Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read the Judiciary's handbook for litigants in person: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Just to be clear - is your argument that you are being discriminated against because you are male, and the club does will not allow you to wear women's clothes?

(Apologies if I've got that totally wrong but you haven't actually spelled out the problem... )

Comment

Thanks Manxman, That is part of it. The ladies are wearing a white polo shirt and grey trousers, so am I, but the management are saying men need to be in shirt and tie. The rules only stipulate the trousers.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
            X