• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Claiming financial losses

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Claiming financial losses

    I hope Iím in the right part of the forum for this.

    We have had ongoing issues with a solar power fitter. They told us they were registered and able to provide the necessary paperwork (MCS certificates, Part P, G98 notifications), however they canít. They told me yesterday they are now MCS and NAPIT registered. I have contacted both today, and both have confirmed that this company is not registered with them. The company has offered to remove their system and refund us in full.

    The only way to get the necessary paperwork is for us to have a brand new system installed by a registered installer. Prices have gone up in the 3.5 months since it was installed, so it will cost us more. We have also lost out on selling excess energy back to the grid, and have also paid for our electrician to put right some issues with the electrical side of things.

    Is it possible for me to claim the difference in cost of the install from a new company? I suspect we will be paying an extra £3k to get the same system now. Are we expected to take this loss, despite it being their fault? I see small claims court doesnít usually cover compensation for costs, so where do I go?
    Tags: None

  • #2
    I think you would be best making a claim following breach of the Misrepresentation Act 1967

    This would allow you to claim damages for breach of contract.
    The damages claimed could include loss of bargain i.e. the difference in cost of installation


    • #3
      Thank you - this is great information and good news for us. We are completely beyond the end of our tether with all this. Itís been a nightmare from beginning, and weíre nowhere near the end!


      View our Terms and Conditions

      LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

      If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

      If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.


      1 of 2 < >

      Support LegalBeagles

      Donate with PayPal button

      LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

      2 of 2 < >


      Pre-Action Letters
      First Steps
      Check dates
      Acknowledge Claim
      CCA Request
      CPR 31.14 Request
      Subject Access Request Letter
      Example Defence
      Set Aside Application
      Witness Statements
      Directions Questionnaire
      Statute Barred Letter

      If you received a court claim and would like some help and support dealing with it, please read the first steps and make a new thread in the forum with as much information as you can.

      NOTE: If you receive a court claim note these dates in your calendar ...
      Acknowledge Claim - within 14 days from Service

      Defend Claim - within 28 days from Service (IF you acknowledged in time)

      If you fail to Acknowledge the claim you may have a default judgment awarded against you, likewise, if you fail to enter your defence within 28 days from Service.

      We now feature a number of specialist consumer credit debt solicitors on our sister site, JustBeagle.com
      If your case is over £10,000 or particularly complex it may be worth a chat with a solicitor, often they will be able to help on a fixed fee or CFA (no win, no fee) basis.
      See more
      See less

      Court Claim ?

      Guides and Letters

      Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

      Find a Law Firm