• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

claim overdales

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• claim overdales

just some advice please i sent acca request to overdales on the 3/7 /2022

they sent me letter of claim then i received a letter on 19/7/2022 saying they have my account on hold while they get the information

they sent me a letter of claim dated the 06/7/2022

do i need to still send in the form they sent me or just wait as they are well over the 12 days to reply to my cca request

it is a debt bought by lowels

any help would be immensely helpful please

Tags: None

Originally posted by wild View Post
    just some advice please i sent acca request to overdales on the 3/7 /2022

they sent me letter of claim then i received a letter on 19/7/2022 saying they have my account on hold while they get the information

they sent me a letter of claim dated the 06/7/2022

do i need to still send in the form they sent me or just wait as they are well over the 12 days to reply to my cca request

it is a debt bought by lowels

any help would be immensely helpful please

You requested CCA on the 03/07/22

They sent the letter of claim on 06/07/22

They sent letter to say account is hold on 19/07/22 (meaning they won't take action on the account until they have provided the requested documentation)

Wait to see what they send regarding the CCA.

Are you going to defend any future Court claim they might make?

Comment

thank you for getting back to me so soon yes i intend too

i have no account with them

lowels bought my account and have not signed anything or acknowledged anything with them

they bought my debt i just wondered if it was needed for me to send the form they sent me from there solicitors to be on the safe side

Comment

thank you for getting back to me so soon yes i intend too

i have no account with them

lowels bought my account and have not signed anything or acknowledged anything with them

they bought my debt i just wondered if it was needed for me to send the form they sent me from there solicitors to be on the safe side
        What does the form say? Is it a income & expenditure form? requesting payment / a plan?

Also I don't think you can defend the claim on the following:-

'lowels bought my account and have not signed anything or acknowledged anything with them'.

The money owed to the original creditor is now owed to Lowell's, as they bought the debt.

How old is the account?

Comment

its from 2011 capital one i was paying £2 pound a month lowels bought it in oct 2021 couldn't deal with then as had 3 strokes

don't you need a agreement with them

sorry if i sound a bit dumb still having troubles grasping things

i still thought you had to have a agreement like a contract with them

thank you you helped me in 2017 or have things changed

Comment

a) Its from 2011 capital one i was paying £2 pound a month lowels bought it in oct 2021 couldn't deal with then as had 3 strokes

O.K. so what you could do is ask Lowell's / Overdales to write the debt off. I'm guessing you aren't working and likely won't be for some time if ever.

Send the following template, amend it to suit your circumstances, that you've had 3 strokes etc.
            Send medical evidence, i.e. doctors report, etc

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/de...debt---letter/

Make sure you get Proof of Postage

b) don't you need a agreement with them, sorry if i sound a bit dumb still having troubles grasping things

i still thought you had to have a agreement like a contract with them

No, not the case

c) thank you you helped me in 2017 or have things changed

That's never been the case. Maybe a misunderstanding.

Also remember if they are minded to take you to Court, the Court will only ask you to pay what you could afford, so if it's £1 so be it.

Comment

thank for your help no I'm a pensioner now been dealing with cancer since 2016 had the strokes an to top it all i have copd
              as things go i have a lot to deal with and i get to a point were i cant deal with things
              keep up the great work you do on behalf of us all does take the worry out of the situation again many thanks

Comment

thank for your help no I'm a pensioner now been dealing with cancer since 2016 had the strokes an to top it all i have copd
                as things go i have a lot to deal with and i get to a point were i cant deal with things
                keep up the great work you do on behalf of us all does take the worry out of the situation again many thanks
                Make sure you send off the template, include dates and evidence.

They would be stupid pursuing a debt, simply because your circumstances i.e. illness etc on many fronts are beyond your control.

Keep the thread updated if you can.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                X