• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

TSB took my money

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• des8
    replied
    How long ago did this happen?
    If FoS claim was out of time (they have a six year limit to raise a complaint) you may have problems bringing a court claim

Leave a comment:

• dslippy
    replied
    It sounds as if they thought you may be involved in some sort of money laundering. Do you have correspondence from your employer about it which might show that it was a proper receipt?

Leave a comment:

• sandfordboy
    replied
    Just to be clear,do you now have a copy of the final response letter?

Leave a comment:

• info_needed
    replied
    Originally posted by atticus View Post
    What you have read is not correct. It applies to Small claims cases - which a case for £16K is not. In Small claims cases you may not get back fees paid to lawyers, but will get back court fees paid. See CPR 27.14(2) https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/pr...s/part27#27.14.

A case for £16K, if contested, will not be allocated to the Small Claims track but to the Fast track. Normal rules that loser generally pays the winner's costs apply.

But in any event, right now and without your £16K, are you not at an even bigger loss?
    I stand corrected, as all info I have found relates to small claims rules.

Thanks for the advice.

Leave a comment:

• atticus
    replied
    What you have read is not correct. It applies to Small claims cases - which a case for £16K is not. In Small claims cases you may not get back fees paid to lawyers, but will get back court fees paid. See CPR 27.14(2) https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/pr...s/part27#27.14.

A case for £16K, if contested, will not be allocated to the Small Claims track but to the Fast track. Normal rules that loser generally pays the winner's costs apply.

But in any event, right now and without your £16K, are you not at an even bigger loss?
    Last edited by atticus; 26th July 2022, 13:26:PM.

Leave a comment:

• info_needed
    replied
    Originally posted by atticus View Post
    If you do not claim, how much do you think you will get back? Isn't £16k worth some investment?

The point is that every claimant (unless exempt) has to pay a court fee. If you win, you may expect the defendant to be ordered to pay you that court fee, together with other costs and expenses.
    I've read that via a money claim, one cannot claim back costs/fees.. this is my point asking what alternatives are there, as I cannot be expected to 'pay' to have my money back (where I cannot claim back my costs/fees - as that means I'm at loss, impacted by another for no good reason).

Leave a comment:

• atticus
    replied
    If you do not claim, how much do you think you will get back? Isn't £16k worth some investment?

The point is that every claimant (unless exempt) has to pay a court fee. If you win, you may expect the defendant to be ordered to pay you that court fee, together with other costs and expenses.

Leave a comment:

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X