• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Me V Lowell - Can someone help me with my witness statement!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Me V Lowell - Can someone help me with my witness statement!!!

Can anyone help me, please?

I am due to appear at the county court on the 1st of August 22, therefore I need to write my witness statement. I have read it needs to reach the court 2 weeks prior to the hearing, and I would really appreciate some advice.

The claim is regarding a Very catalogue account, the details Lowell has produced are generic.

I am sure I have never signed an agreement, however, if they say I signed via E-signature, can I insist on proof of the digital audit trail?

I hope someone can help me as I have never been to court, and I don't know the procedures

Thank you
    Tags: None

https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...ess-statement/

And yes, you may request that evidence.
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Thank you for the template link!

Once I have completed my witness statement, would you possibly be able to proofread it for me?

Comment

Good Morning Atticus,

Thank you for your previous advice, for which I am very grateful.

I have read lots of your posts etc, and I can see you are very knowledgeable regarding consumer law, therefore may I please ask your advice on some points contained in the witness statement I have received from Overdales, which are as follows;

No Notice of assignment was included, it was alluded to (sent on this date) but no copy or even a screenshot, do they have to have sent this to comply?

They have mentioned in a large paragraph, that they refuse to send me a copy of the "Deed Of Assignment" which I have never requested?

Default Notice: Screenshot saying copy sent, however, to generate a letter, a copy would have had to be physically generated and if they don't, have a saved electronic copy on their system, it must have been deleted, why would they do that. Also, would possibly still be held on their drive/system (recoverable) if it was ever sent!! Does a screenshot suffice?

They have included, a "Without Prejudice" offer from me. I thought a without prejudice cannot be used in court as evidence?

Sorry, one more question Should mention the request for the digital audit trail?

If you can advise me, I would be extremely grateful!

Thank you

Comment

1. the default notice. All you can do is press them on this. Obviously it is for them to prove.

2. WP correspondence should not be included. Ask the judge to exclude it.

3. Request for audit trail. Yes, I can think of no reason why not.
          Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by atticus View Post
            1. the default notice. All you can do is press them on this. Obviously it is for them to prove.

2. WP correspondence should not be included. Ask the judge to exclude it.

3. Request for audit trail. Yes, I can think of no reason why not.
            Thank you.

Should they have sent a "Notice of assignment" ? Can they proceed without it? I will mention it in my WS

Do you think a screenshot stating "Default Notice Sent" would be suffient for a judge?

Should I mention the audit trial in my WS or wait until the day?

Sorry, I'm so worried, I didn't know I had to do a WS, only got one day to complete it !!

Comment

1. press on this in statement and hearing.

2. They will need to persuade the judge.

3. both.

And read up now on the remaining procedure!

Comment

3. both.

Thank you, so much I will add the above to the statement when I finish work, and get the children's dinner and homework done, so stressed

I will read up on the procedures after I have completed the WS, there is so much to absorb, it's going to be a late one for me.

Comment

3. both.

Good Afternoon,

Just a quick update, Overdales have emailed the documents to be used in the case, I have noticed the reconstituted copy of the default notice, which has someone else's details, has been badly edited, and I can see their details, (GDPR Data Breach) can they really use this?

Overdales could have amended an existing letter, rather than Shop Direct sending a confirmed template.

Copy attached

Attached Files

Comment

Stick to the essentials. Are they saying wrongly that this is your notice, or that it is an example showing what you would have received?

Comment

Originally posted by dslippy View Post
                      Stick to the essentials. Are they saying wrongly that this is your notice, or that it is an example showing what you would have received?
                      A copy of what I would have received I presume, as they say, it is a "reconstituted" copy

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                      X