• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help with drafting a POC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with drafting a POC

Hi guys, I've been recommended by a friend about this forum and it's the first time I heard about it, I wish I knew about this forum beforehand when I had a lot more time in my hands.

I'm in a bit of a predicament here, I've been asked to make a POC for a claim I made against my then friend when i borrowed money to him to help setup his fastfood takeaway.

Now I have until this Wednesday to finish this off, I've put a summarised account of how our relationship ended and how i borrowed the money to him etc.

The difficulties I'm having is the final part of the POC.

Can someone actually help me in the 11th hour at all please.

Kind regards,

Syed
    Tags: None

Hi Syed,

First of all, who asked you to make a POC? Was it the court via an order or something else?

You are going to have to share with us what you have drafted because POCs need to be formatted and set out in a particular way. A summarised account as you described it doesn't sound like you have a sufficient POC but that's why we need to see the current draft.
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Hi there much appreciated with the swift replies, please find the attached docs for your consideration, much appreciated, please note I'll be adding more to the letter I've just uploaded
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Syed A Q View Post
        Hi there much appreciated with the swift replies, please find the attached docs for your consideration, much appreciated, please note I'll be adding more to the letter I've just uploaded
        youre already out of time arent you?

The order was 21 days from 12th April?? Thats gone now.
        I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

in fact revisiting the order it is clear that you are struck out. If you didnt file the amended pleading per the order then you are out of time.
          I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

Comment

I've asked for an extention of 14 days, that runs out tomorrow

Comment

12 April + 35 days = 17 May.

You say you have asked for an extension. Did anyone agree to your request?
              Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

I've asked for an extention of 14 days, that runs out tomorrow
                Did they agree the extension? did you notify the Court, in writing that there was an extension?

Comment

Originally posted by atticus View Post
                  12 April + 35 days = 17 May.

You say you have asked for an extension. Did anyone agree to your request?
                  indeed, seems to be out of time whichever way you look at it.

Comment

I was away from the country when this letter came

Comment

I was away from the country when this letter came
                      That may be but that doesnt change the time frames for compliance. The Court order is clear, breach it and you are automatically struck out without the need for a further order.

It seems your cliaim may already be dead in the water. You may need relief from sanctions, which will need an N244 application and witness statement ideally along with ensuring you comply with the test in Denton when seeking relief.

Comment

When did you see it? You may have to apply to vary the order: see paragraph 4 of the order.
                        Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

When did you see it? You may have to apply to vary the order: see paragraph 4 of the order.
                          I think you will find that he is long out of time for varying the order. If he has engaged the sanction he will need relief under CPR 3.9

Comment

Perhaps, but a lot will depend on when he saw the order and if he can give a really good explanation for not being able to apply sooner. And yes, it would need to be an application for relief from sanctions.

As a further point, it irritates me when courts make these peremptory orders and then do not get them typed or sent out promptly. Here an order made in 12 April was only typed 16 days later, and then I bet the post took at least 2 days. So even if the OP had seen it when it was delivered, he probably had at best 3 days.

Comment

Perhaps, but a lot will depend on when he saw the order and if he can give a really good explanation for not being able to apply sooner. And yes, it would need to be an application for relief from sanctions.

As a further point, it irritates me when courts make these peremptory orders and then do not get them typed or sent out promptly. Here an order made in 12 April was only typed 16 days later, and then I bet the post took at least 2 days. So even if the OP had seen it when it was delivered, he probably had at best 3 days.
                              Id be concerned that he has had 14 days and hasnt applied. Second to vary the order you need to apply within 7 days, that has long gone. Third, relief from sanctions seems the way to go, but he needs to get his case in order asap and apply asap or the Claim is dead as a dodo.
                              I hear ya on the Courts orders, and the delays, but sadly its one of those cases where we have a lack of staff in the Courts and an ever increasing case load.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X