• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Overdales - Notice of intent to apply for writ of control

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overdales - Notice of intent to apply for writ of control

Good Afternoon,

So I have received a weird letter from Overdales today regarding a CCJ that has a first name very similar to mine relating to a debt that they claim I owe.

It starts Dear "recip_salutation"

and goes on to say it relates to a CCJ they obtained against me in early 2019.

The name on the address bit of the letter is incorrect, say I'm called John, it is addressed to Jonny. The think is I have checked my credit file and the CCJ is showing on my file. A corresponding default for the same amount from Lowell is also showing from early 2013, I assume that this is the default it relates to because it is over 6 years from 2013 obviously and also the amount is the same.

I did live at the address in question around 10 years ago, it was a house share situation with 5 other people, however have never been known by that name. It says it is for "telecommunications" so I assume a mobile contract or broadband or whatever. I think mobile because on "linked addresses" it seems that EE has linked from that address to every address that I have been too but I don't recall ever having an account with EE.

I obviously want the CCJ off my record, but it is 3.5 years old now and it is not having too much affect on my credit that I am aware of. So it is not urgent for me to get it removed. Especially since I have been through the stress of a set aside before and it is a lot of work.

What I am trying to establish is whether this is just a speculative letter or whether they are actually going to apply for a writ of control from the high court out of the blue after one letter for a debt they have had a CCJ for 3 years. Because I would prefer not to have bailiffs turning up at my house whilst I go through the process of applying to the court for it to be set aside.

The debt was statute barred when they got the CCJ as far as I can tell.

I don't know what to do, do I poke my head out and say oi what are you doing this isn't my debt I am going to apply for it to be set aside, or do I suck it and see if they actually spend the money enforcing a 3.5 year old CCJ.

If I do the latter will I get official notification of the application through the court or will the next thing I hear be from the enforcers?

Could really do with your advice here.

Thanks,

John

Tags: None

may be able to help here ScottishSolicitor

Comment

Sadly not as this looks like an English matter

Comment

Oh! sorry misread notice of intent being scottish!

Comment

set Aside Application

if it definitely not your debt then get it set aside but recklaim from lowells, meantime send DSAR request no charge and see what they have and details of originator end get proof posting they have 30 days to respond. might get facts then.

Comment

when did you 1st know about this? did you challenge? or usual done at old address

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
            X